Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

In my view,

this topic links to purely Iron Maiden content - their words in linked interviews, their decisions in linked news. When someone makes something and mentions Iron Maiden it is not Iron Maiden content. In past when I got notification for this topic I expected a bit of new Iron Maiden content, not some guy's stuff which happens to have an opinion about Iron Maiden.

Frankly all these links would better fit in the rating thread, or somewhere, in that particular album subforum.

Yes we can post only new interviews no matter the low frequency of new postings. This is a structured forum. Not all threads need to be "active".

We already had this discussion in video thread with reposts. When you have a saturated thread and low income of new material such as newly uploaded un-seen stuff on YT, the people active with the thread tend to jump over the notification and presume there's a new video in. When you post here, I guess I'm not the only one that expects something by Iron Maiden and not some arbitrary opinion on one of their albums by some Internet guy. I can count through at least a hundred Iron Maiden related videos daily that get on my YT feed, that I don't watch. Reviews, reactions, rankings, rantings. They don't have value, if you don't care about people's opinion. I don't, it tired me over years on this board. Why should you post some guy's opinion as Iron Maiden news when you have a million more opinions here on the very board. Should we post all the react videos in the videos thread?

Line should be drawn somewhere because a forum format is already tough as-is, for years' worth of video and link archival. It is not hard to open up a new topic and putting these links in. We cannot index properly, we cannot search properly, we cannot automatically deal with dead links, at least a minimal categorization should be enforced. IMHO

Nothing personal Kalata, obviously, you brought a tons of good new stuff. Just a bit of discussion aside.

Yes we can post only new interviews no matter the low frequency of new postings. This is a structured forum. Not all threads need to be "active".
Nothing personal Kalata, obviously, you brought a tons of good new stuff. Just a bit of discussion aside.

Fair enough, maybe I should have posted these ratings in another thread (I thought that these rankings are interesting - especially the one that excludes POM album), and yeah not all threads need to be ''active'', but when I decide to post on one (especially on one where there are not so regular posts), I try my best to post a interesting thing. Btw, I think the video interviews that I shared in the video thread are rare and on place. Just to be clear, I understand what you trying to say to me and I agree.

On a side note, Is there are threads for HammerFall, Accept and even Grave Digger - I searched, but I couldn't find...

Yeah, I'm on the side of Zare here - let's figure out another place for non-band stuff. So I would say in here is current and former band members and people very close to the band (like Rod).

Nicko will be appearing in a drummer doc series on Sky Arts - episodes 2 and 4! Hoping someone in the UK can upload this for the rest of the world to see! :D

https://twitter.com/IronMaiden/status/1040550613808021504

Nicko was on it last night, not for a huge amount of time. He was basically illustrating how drum parts can be influenced by what the other musicians are playing, especially the bass player, and he used Where Eagles Dare as an example, showing how a different beat could easily have been used but it wouldn't have sounded as good with the bass line. He talked about being blessed to play with the best bass player in the world in our genre of music and made a joke about it getting harded to play this style as he's an old man now and has recently got his rail card.

EDIT: Dave Lombardo and Gene Hoglan were on it as well

Remember the proshot show from Beat Club, Bremen, Germany 1981? Its usual among the bootleg-traders.
Now the Beat Club has uploaded best ever version of the show and it's full (this was only available as recorded from broadcast but with lesser songs):

[00:00:22] Ides of March (from tape)
[00:02:10] Prowler
[00:06:05] Charlotte the Harlot
[00:10:19] checking mental state of audience
[00:10:44] Wrathchild
[00:13:50] Remember Tomorrow (1st try)
[00:15:18] remember audio engineer lessons
[00:18:07] Remember Tomorrow (2nd try)
[00:23:42] Transylvania
[00:27:40] Running Free
[00:31:10] Innocent Exile
[00:35:23] Sanctuary (1st try)
[00:39:33] Killers
[00:44:45] Another Life
[00:48:30] Phantom of the Opera
[00:55:51] Iron Maiden
[01:00:06] Sanctuary (2nd try)

There's some problems, Spinal Tap moment and electric stuff going right in the middle of Remember Tomorrow.
Electrics go out, band get some beer and things get sorted or worked out.
Wow, this is great quality and never would have thought to see this.

Remember the proshot show from Beat Club, Bremen, Germany 1981? Its usual among the bootleg-traders.
Now the Beat Club has uploaded best ever version of the show and it's full (this was only available as recorded from broadcast but with lesser songs):

[00:00:22] Ides of March (from tape)
[00:02:10] Prowler
[00:06:05] Charlotte the Harlot
[00:10:19] checking mental state of audience
[00:10:44] Wrathchild
[00:13:50] Remember Tomorrow (1st try)
[00:15:18] remember audio engineer lessons
[00:18:07] Remember Tomorrow (2nd try)
[00:23:42] Transylvania
[00:27:40] Running Free
[00:31:10] Innocent Exile
[00:35:23] Sanctuary (1st try)
[00:39:33] Killers
[00:44:45] Another Life
[00:48:30] Phantom of the Opera
[00:55:51] Iron Maiden
[01:00:06] Sanctuary (2nd try)

There's some problems, Spinal Tap moment and electric stuff going right in the middle of Remember Tomorrow.

Great quality indeed!

I am flabbergasted so awesome..... Charlotte the Harlot with Adrian Smith! Such subtle playing in that calm mid piece. Great licks.

Looking forward to the imperfect mayhem as well! :)

The only imperfect thing about this post is that it should go here, but ahhhh.... this was still the best post of the last couple of years or so.

Adrian has a much better lead sound here compared to many other good sounding (soundboard) live recordings. Less dry, brighter, more echo/reverb or something.

Wow this is really exciting! Looking forward to watching it.

Nicko was on it last night, not for a huge amount of time. He was basically illustrating how drum parts can be influenced by what the other musicians are playing, especially the bass player, and he used Where Eagles Dare as an example, showing how a different beat could easily have been used but it wouldn't have sounded as good with the bass line. He talked about being blessed to play with the best bass player in the world in our genre of music and made a joke about it getting harded to play this style as he's an old man now and has recently got his rail card.

Thanks for that!

They make a cock-up of Sanctuary the first time they played it too! :lol:

Yeah indeed. Something goes wrong with the guitars. H I thought. I guess that's why they wanted to do a 2nd version.

EDIT: Dave Lombardo and Gene Hoglan were on it as well
Looking forward to an internet vid.

Back