Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Glad to be of help, Forostar!

I remember Janick saying that he bought an hour of music for The Final Frontier, too. Shame only 15 - 20 minutes got used. I wonder if anything from The Book of Souls was left over from his Final Frontier ideas?

Janick wrote the best song for TBOS IMO...thetitle track I mean.

The only thing I agree with on that list is that Fates Warning should be there and The Apparition shouldn’t be there.

The only thing I agree with on that list is that Fates Warning should be there and The Apparition shouldn’t be there.

The only thing that I agree with on that list is the inclusion of Strange World, but to put there The Duellists and Starblind is unacceptable.

Fates Warning is a good song - it has that Seventh Son vibe in it, and not belongs to this list.

Realitically, there shouldn't be any song from the 80's or 21st century in the top 10 worst Maiden songs. Even songs with almost fatal flaws from those eras are still better than the weak songs from the 90's albums.
Yeah... no. There are five ‘80s songs (Purgatory, Drifter, Remember Tomorrow, Innocent Exile, Another Life), three 21st century songs (TMWWBK, OOTS, Mother of Mercy), and two ‘90s songs (Fates Warning, Childhood’s End) in my Top 10 worst. The ‘better’ eras aren’t nearly as flawless as they’re protrayed, and there’s nothing the Blaze era that should be considered the ‘worst’.

Yeah... no. There are five ‘80s songs (Purgatory, Drifter, Remember Tomorrow, Innocent Exile, Another Life), three 21st century songs (TMWWBK, OOTS, Mother of Mercy), and two ‘90s songs (Fates Warning, Childhood’s End) in my Top 10 worst. The ‘better’ eras aren’t nearly as flawless as they’re protrayed, and there’s nothing the Blaze era that should be considered the ‘worst’.

We're not talking flawless here, as I mentioned in the original post there's tracks from those eras with nearly fatal flaws.

These are my subjective opinion the 10 worst:

The Apparition
2 Am
Chains of Misery
The Fugitive
The Assassin
Childhood's End
Mother Russia
When Two Worlds Collide
Lightning Strikes Twice
Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

EDIT: that list culminates in Maiden's worst track, DLTTEOAS
EDIT 2: I quite like a lot of those tracks, the only 2 with little to any redeeming features are the bottom 2.

I mean Starblind’s music is kinda just... okay and I can see where they’re coming from with the paint-by-numbers comment, but the lyrics are some of the band’s best and it really doesn’t deserve to be included among the 10 worst.

Starblind is close to a perfect song, with weakness in the vocal performance and production area.

How is Starblind paint by numbers? If it was a standard verse-chorus-verse with a 4/4 beat it'd still be amazing. As it is now the performance is complex, nuanced, and otherwise extremely well written. While I disagree with most of the list, this is the only song that makes me question whether the entire list is just trolling.

Last edited:
Back