Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

A Swedish Fan Club member mentioned some time ago that the act was the result of a competition. The result is frankly cringeworthy.
Ah yes. One element of a talkshow interview they did, was presiding over a simulated-sex competition. It was extremely weird, but that’s early 90’s Swedish TV for you.

Last edited:
Bruce is way off the mark though. And he should probably take a look at some of the shirts they are selling. The quality is not the best.

Agreed. He is mostly talking bollocks and has been spouting the same crap about the T-shirts for over a decade.

Last edited:
OTGDY confirmed? I'm not surprised it wasn't included in this setlist but man wouldn't that have been funny, two never before played songs from the 80s in one tour and Steve thinks there's only one, actually.

OTGDY confirmed? I'm not surprised it wasn't included in this setlist but man wouldn't that have been funny, two never before played songs from the 80s in one tour and Steve thinks there's only one, actually.
I don't get Steve's obsession to play Only the Good Die Young. It's a good song, but there are so many more deserving Maiden songs that should be played before it.

I don't get Steve's obsession to play Only the Good Die Young. It's a good song, but there are so many more deserving Maiden songs that should be played before it.

"Deserving" is extremely debatable here. I have a long list of songs that I'd love to hear live, but they're all quite different and I think it's very hard to say exactly which is more or less "deserving" than the other. I think Only the Good Die Young might work extremely well, as it's got an amazing chorus, great gallop and all but it's not super intense. It's dark vibe would also suit the band's current live vibe nicely and especially on the vocal department I think it would be a great fit!

That being said, I understand that it's probably not quite as special song for everyone and in a way, I get your point. ;) I just think that when it comes to this discussion of songs that haven't made their live debut, or have been long absent from the sets, it's not quite as straightforward to define how their status compares to each other.

"We did play it a couple of times," he says. "It would be nice to play that, maybe. It’s a bit more, one of those obscure songs. But it’s just…what do you drop out?! That’s the problem. So many songs, so many albums.”
I think he said the same about Invaders but anyway. I think they had the chance during the Seventh Tour 88 & Maiden England Tour 2012, 2013 and 2014 to play it and play the whole f***ing album and if he says they play whatever they want thinking in their own first…Damn…play it!

…And the same crap into the screens in the last song
I think that's a cool approach for the song. I'm not a fan of ''moving screens'' though.
It's a perfect example of a live-ready song, so maybe that's why Steve thought they played it. He said the same about Invaders!
They all deserve, more or less. I think Steve likes it because it has a galloping tempo, classic Maiden feel, it's an album closer and it's one of the few songs he co-wrote with Bruce. It would be a great deep cut for the next tour. Better late than never.

If they’re going to pull out a deep cut from Seventh Son, how about Infinite Dreams instead?

But I guess Steve doesn’t want to play it. Too much personal trauma in the song from Steve’s nightmares, probably.

I think that's a cool approach for the song. I'm not a fan of ''moving screens'' though.
It was about the Event Eddies instead use the f***ing awesome Eddies in wasted years. I think the screens were useful just to show the neon signs, That's all.

Don't get me wrong, the songs are good and the performance is good enough. Everyone is playing great especially Dave. But the stage and lightning design, the use of the screens, backdrops and walk-on eddies…Sucks for me.

Last edited:
It was about the Event Eddies instead use the f***ing awesome Eddies in wasted years.
But this way they can use different Eddies from the past.
If they’re going to pull out a deep cut from Seventh Son, how about Infinite Dreams instead?

But I guess Steve doesn’t want to play it. Too much personal trauma in the song from Steve’s nightmares, probably.
Maybe it's not an easy song for Bruce?

Concerts are expensive, I do think Maiden's prices are quite reasonable though.

Bruce is mostly talking bollocks. They are cheaper than for other bands but still fairly expensive. My tickets to see them this year at the O2 in London up in the gods are £15 more expensive that the price I paid to see Creeper, The Cult and Alice Cooper at the same venue last year, and in the latter case I went with the expensive seats relatively close to the stage. They are also £20 more expensive than the price of the tickets to see Deep Purple and Blue Öyster Cult at the same venue in 2022.

I mention those examples because they feature two top tier bands sharing the bill, instead of a big band plus whichever offspring’s band gets to open for them that time round.

Could Maiden charge more for their tickets? Of course, but that does bot mean their ticket prices are affordable for young people.

Last edited:
I think OTGDY is genuinely a gem. It's a shame it's never been played live, it's got a fantastic chorus and a pretty interesting structure, lots of energy in the gallop and can you believe it, key changes that aren't entirely straightforward. I kinda feel the only reason it wasn't played in '88 was because that kind of would've implied also playing The Prophecy so they'd have the whole album and that song's a bit of a bitch to sing.

Back