Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

when did kiske say that?

You'ld have to presume it was during Blaze era, otherwise he's really dropping Adrian in it.

Wow! Nicko's drums sounds great in this remix of Kevin Shirley of the Maiden England concert:

- it's not authentic, but it's better than the sound of his drums in the DVD/live album.

Edit: only the sound of the drums is better than the original version.

Last edited:
That's the DVD version's DTS/Dolby Digital mix (I dunno which, the differences are pretty minor, the DTS version has more bass drum) that Shirley did. I think it's a bit of a mixed bag, honestly. The CD/digital version has the original Martin Birch mix and it's also included on the DVD as the stereo option so I've compared them quite a bit.

Shirley's version has the guitars a bit low, with the bass too prominent and the keyboards are basically gone altogether. Like, you can't really hear them at all. The drums sound pretty solid and they removed a few editing mistakes (and the awful chorusing on Bruce's vocals in the middle part of DWYBO - although they also got rid of the "you fucking die" curiously enough) but honestly as a package it sounds a bit limp. Everything also sounds compressed and weird, the vocals especially.

This should be good. The previous one for Powersalve was good with all the comments from the band.

I'm happy that they will continue the Talking Music with Adrian Smith videos. ''Moonchild'' this time - I expected something obscure like ''The Prophecy'' or OTGDY because of the previous pick (''Gangland''), but in the end, I want this kind of video with Adrian for every Maiden song. :lol:

Top 25 most common words in Maiden's lyrics:

- ''know'' is at 1st place.

*excluding 50 most common words in English. Choruses, bridges, etc. repeated song parts are counted only once.

Attachments

• kyrkc51k4g871.jpg
    kyrkc51k4g871.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 28
Posted elsewhere by @Jadukor (thanks) but I guess this is a good time to start using this topic again:
https://www.kerrang.com/features/un...ron-maiden-new-album-senjutsu-only-interview/

The Way Of The Samurai: Uncover the secrets of Iron Maiden’s new album, Senjutsu – the only interview​

In a world-exclusive interview, Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson reveals how the band’s 17th album, Senjutsu, came to be, how they managed to keep it under wraps, and much more.

[..] Today, according to Bruce, of the people who made Senjutsu, only he and Steve Harris have actually heard the final, finished, mixed and mastered product. The only reason he has a version of his own is because he copied Steve’s off his laptop when he was round at his house last year working on mixes for the Live In Mexico release.

“Nobody had one,” says Bruce. “Management didn’t have one. I think Steve had a copy on one laptop and one was locked away in a vault somewhere, and that was it. Obviously, we were thinking it’d escape and somebody would hear it. So to have kept it under wraps for this long is pretty good, really. The last time I heard it was when Steve was mixing the Mexico live album. He hadn’t listened to it for ages, so we put it on and both went, ‘This is really good… wow!’” [..]

[..] “Steve would literally lock himself away for two or three days, and we’d all turn up and play pinball,” he continues. “And then he’d say, ‘I think I’ve got one, chaps. Oi! Everybody in the studio!’ Boom. The stuff I wrote with Adrian was a bit more conventional – we’d stand around and play guitar and sing and do that until we thought we had something. Then we’d rehearse it and put it straight down. It’s more organic, if you like. Steve tends to be quite detailed and meticulous in exactly how he wants it.” [..]

[..] His confidence is so high that at one point he leans in and, though he doesn’t actually say it with a nudge and a wink, nudge-winks to us: “It’s a really amazing record. It probably wants to be played in its entirety live. That’d be quite ambitious, wouldn’t it?” [..]

Last edited:
AMOLAD interview

Currently watching this.

I've watched that one before. Right now I'm noticing how both of them have a sour throat and half-shut nasals. They've probably hung out with Nicko. Speaking of whom, I don't think his snare inclination is good for the Colombian marching. One of my drummers, who held it at 180 degrees more or less, you'd sit after him on the drum and have white sprinkles ejecting from in between skin and rim every hit. It was like softly spanking a powedered baby. I wonder how Nicko resolved this, maybe with help of Sonor.

My thoughts! To be at the top for so many years and have so many fans. You must have enough inspiration, wisdom, and above all discipline! and will! These are the thoughts of the band's success!

Back