Iron Maiden Covers

I remember hearing this in a shopping mail.
This is like a tasteless hamburger on a moulded bun with amazingly tasty sauce. The Clansman sample is the sauce. The title is just irony...
I don't typically listen to much non metal. But the more I listen to this song, the more I like it. It gives that intro melody a lot more life. Took a while for me to get over the whole WTF that's Maiden, what did they do to it?
But now I can listen to this song as a completely seperate piece of work to Maiden, and I like it, for what it is.

Ah, Thomas Zwijsen. Would be better with just guitar. Ghost of the Navigator and If Eternity Should Fail are about his best, I reckon, although his Como Estais Amigos with Blaze Bayley and a violinist was really nice.

I love some ow Zwijsen's newer takes, like Wasted Years or The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. I was sort of skeptical of the latter especially, but I found both to sound really good in his arrangement and in fact he managed to give me newfound appreciation for the latter.

I dream that Raphael one day will join Children of The Beast. The best Maiden cover with the best Bruce Dickinson cover.
The singer in COTB is also good. But Raphael is just on another level. As a friend of mine once said: "Parece que engoliu um gravador com as linhas vocais do Bruce". :D :D :D :D :D

Those are nice covers, and they're OK as klapa, but really nothing special. If you want to hear how the heavyweights sound, here it is. Although you might favour Maiden's melodies and not understand the lyrics, the performance is absolutely clear -

Back