Iron Maiden Covers

Children of the Beast are starting a live stream in 30 minutes, for anyone who might be interested:

They're doing a By Request setlist, so expect some deep cuts.

what the fuck
He has alot other Dickensonized songs on YouTube, listen and be amazed of his voice. He also sings in a tribute band where they play covers in the style of...Bruce. He sounds like a prodigal seventh son of Bruce.

Radio Tapok is a fave of mine. He takes English-language songs, primarily from the hard rock / heavy metal scenes, and translates them to Russian. His most recent video was a cover of “The Trooper”:

I think it’s fantastic. The music is a bit different here, almost tinged with more emotion I would say, and I assume it’s been done that way just to fit his voice better. It’s awesome.

He has alot other Dickensonized songs on YouTube, listen and be amazed of his voice. He also sings in a tribute band where they play covers in the style of...Bruce. He sounds like a prodigal seventh son of Bruce.
He sounds a lot better than Bruce does nowadays. He sounds perfect. He is so damn close to the holy grail 97-2003 Bruce era that it's scary.

Radio Tapok is a fave of mine. He takes English-language songs, primarily from the hard rock / heavy metal scenes, and translates them to Russian. His most recent video was a cover of “The Trooper”:

I think it’s fantastic. The music is a bit different here, almost tinged with more emotion I would say, and I assume it’s been done that way just to fit his voice better. It’s awesome.
Aria did the same decades ago

He sounds a lot better than Bruce does nowadays. He sounds perfect. He is so damn close to the holy grail 97-2003 Bruce era that it's scary.

He sounds good, but I’d rather listen to the original, warts and all, than to an imitator.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I’d rather listen to singers who try and find their own voice rather than imitating someone else’s.

He sounds good, but I’d rather listen to the original, warts and all, than to an imitator.

I might be alone in thinking this, but I’d rather listen to singers who try and find their own voice rather than imitating someone else’s.
A bit rich, coming from a Brucie fan... :p

I agree up to a point. I’m not very interested in hearing him cover Maiden’s material, but it’s quite nice when he experiments with non-Maiden songs in a “what if...” performance.

Guess your not a LaTorre fan then.
Todd is good, but him singing Tate songs, and especially Mindcrime and onwards, can't come close to compare to the Tate versions. It sounded effortless for Tate, like his mid and upper range singing is simply an extention of his normal voice. It doesn't sound like that for Todd.

Rafael Mendez however, sounds a lot closer to Bruce than Todd does to Tate.

Todd is good, but him singing Tate songs, and especially Mindcrime and onwards, can't come close to compare to the Tate versions. It sounded effortless for Tate, like his mid and upper range singing is simply an extention of his normal voice. It doesn't sound like that for Todd.

Rafael Mendez however, sounds a lot closer to Bruce than Todd does to Tate.
I like both (Geoff and Todd) but prefer listening to the Rÿche classics with Geoff.
And Rafael with closed eyes (minus a little brazilian accent) is creepy close to Bruce.

Reactions: Yax
Back