IRON MAIDEN ALBUM SURVIVOR 2023: Results -> Somewhere In Time wins!

I like your thinking about SJ (but it would be really difficult). I'm not the biggest fan of Losfer Words, but the music is pretty good. Maybe with lyrics the song would have shined more.
The issue for me is Powerslave has 4 exceptional songs (some of my all time Maiden favorites) but the other 4 largely go unheard for me for years now. I still consider it a great album, but with the other albums remaining they all have 5 or more songs I would rate "exceptional". Anyway, that's my line of thinking.

Quiet intro, loud verse, repetitive chorus, repeat both 2-3 times, kick up the tempo for an E5, D5, C5 progression with a couple solos, two more choruses, quiet outro.
I mean, this is what I came here for. The more the better.

In defense of Piece Of Mind, it is one of Maiden's most overlooked album, atleast from the classic era. Mostly remembered for The Trooper (rightfully, a classic!) or probably Flight Of Icarus but I will say the instrumental parts are really underrated from the album where the band nailed it! Be it the mid section of Where Eagles Dare, Revelations and obviously To Tame A Land. These songs genuinely sound 'progressive' in the sense of dynamics and change of tempos, without noodling around just for the sake of making the songs lengthy.
I agree with everything. POM is a classic for a reason. Not only the instrumental work, but also the vocals, bass playing, drumming and guitar work are fantastic. It's still one of Steve and Bruce's top favorite albums, iirc. I would say that the album is remembered for its first 5 songs and To Tame A Land. But songs like Eagles and Land have a good amount of repetition in them.
Considered throwing in POM as well, because I usually turn it off as soon as The Trooper ends.
You're missing two great songs (Still Life and Land) and two really enjoyable Maiden rockers. I know some fans don't like Quest For Fire (the instrumental section is gold) and Sun And Steel (the timeless gallop), but the music sure is really good.
The issue for me is Powerslave has 4 exceptional songs (some of my all time Maiden favorites) but the other 4 largely go unheard for me for years now. I still consider it a great album, but with the other albums remaining they all have 5 or more songs I would rate "exceptional". Anyway, that's my line of thinking.
I understand. Flash Of The Blade and The Duellists are great songs imo.
Losfer Words could have been if it was longer (quiet intro, why not), while Back In The Village would have been stronger with a different chorus.

Quiet intro, loud verse, repetitive chorus, repeat both 2-3 times, kick up the tempo for an E5, D5, C5 progression with a couple solos, two more choruses, quiet outro.
I love this approach. I mean, we have numerous examples of it creating special magic.

In defense of Piece Of Mind, it is one of Maiden's most overlooked album, atleast from the classic era. Mostly remembered for The Trooper (rightfully, a classic!) or probably Flight Of Icarus but I will say the instrumental parts are really underrated from the album where the band nailed it! Be it the mid section of Where Eagles Dare, Revelations (the song alone influenced the band In Flames finding their sound) and obviously To Tame A Land. These songs genuinely sound 'progressive' in the sense of dynamics and change of tempos, without noodling around just for the sake of making the songs lengthy.
Praises the instrumental sections on Piece Of Mind but doesn't mention the phenomenal leads in Quest For Fire. I'm disappointed @Siddharth :facepalm::D

Last edited:
AMOLAD & BNW.
I do very much like BNW but not as much as the others remaining.
AMOLAD I just never got into at all. I listen to it again about once a year to see if my opinion has changed, but that has not happened.

You're missing two great songs (Still Life and Land) and two really enjoyable Maiden rockers. I know some fans don't like Quest For Fire (the instrumental section is gold) and Sun And Steel (the timeless gallop), but the music sure is really good.
None of those songs are worth keeping the album on for, and it suffers for putting them altogether at the end instead of spacing them out between the hits.

This time, my least favourite album is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. The reason is that there are 5 tracks that are 10/10 (Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and The Clairvoyant), the rest is good but not exciting.

This time, my least favourite album is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. The reason is that there are 5 tracks that are 10/10 (Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and The Clairvoyant), the rest is good but not exciting.
So, 62% of the album is absolutely perfect.

And yet, somehow, it’s still worse than Senjutsu?

60% of the time it works every time.
qhhh35zxl8f71.jpg

Brian Fantana: It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

If @Night Prowler wasn't hosting this, I'd think that the host is delaying the announcement on purpose, because you need to have a strong stomach to write off Piece of Mind while Senjutsu is still in the game.

Who are we voting for next to keep Senjutsu safe, AMOLAD?

Back