IRON MAIDEN ALBUM SURVIVOR 2023: Results -> Somewhere In Time wins!

The problem with TNOTB is that this represents the moment Maiden truly solidified themselves as a tour-de-force. Importantly though, the next three albums would go even farther. I like the album a lot, but a lot of the songs to me give off “man this is good. they’ll be even better soon.” vibes. TNOTB launched so POM, PS, and SiT could fly. And SSOASS could walk.

and always lacks of creativity and originality.
That can't be true, and especially with all those classics on it.
The best song from AMOLAD would barely crack the top 5 on TNOTB.
The 6 big songs on NOTB are heavy metal classics forever, but a song like Suns is on their level more or less. I don't think Maiden could have come up with some of the Reunion songs in the 80's. Like for example The Legacy in 1982. Their material after 1982 got greater and greater, but that doesn't mean the material before that isn't special. It has stood the test of time and stands tall even today.
NOTB is being massively undersold here.
It's not, it just contains 2 lesser songs for most of the fans.

That's how opinions work; from my POV claiming the opposite is absurd ;)

Would be quite boring for a forum if we all agreed on everything.
Yes I would agree it would be boring if we agreed on everything...(irony intended)

But facts are facts :D

(I love AMOLAD, too)

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 17
The Number Of The Beast
09. The Book Of Souls
10. The Final Frontier
11. Dance Of Death
12. Iron Maiden
13. The X Factor
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. Killers
16. No Prayer For The Dying
17. Virtual XI

Top 17
08. The Number Of The Beast
It feels like NOTB should be higher, but the rest of the albums are equally/really strong, so it's not surprising. 2 of the songs on it don't help either. There aren't many bands for which you can see one of their best and classic albums not topping the ranking. Maiden is on a different level!

Votes:

Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

None of the rest of the albums have a song that I don't like or think is lesser. The competition was between Seventh Son and AMOLAD, and I chose the former only because Can I Play With Madness and The Prophecy (good songs) are not better imo than any song from the latter album. It feels really wrong to vote for Seventh Son, but the other albums are a tiny bit more special for me. Maybe if the album had one or two more songs (another epic) it would have been different, who knows.

Powerslave needs to go now, if only for the throw away Loser Words. Senjutsu duking it out with BNW and AMOLAD for top reunion era album, as it should.

Senjutsu. The answer is Senjutsu. I’m voting for stupid Senjutsu.

How can it currently be tied with Piece of Mind, SIT and Brave New World?! Come on, people. Now this is ridiculous. This is a meme.
Lol. Stupid? You can't be serious. The answer is easy - the quality material, although it's up against a classic material that has stood the test of time. There are some songs (mainly on POM) that just can't be compared to most (if not all) SJ songs.
Powerslave needs to go now, if only for the throw away Loser Words. Senjutsu duking it out with BNW and AMOLAD for top reunion era album, as it should.
I like your thinking about SJ (but it would be really difficult). I'm not the biggest fan of Losfer Words, but the music is pretty good. Maybe with lyrics the song would have shined more.

There are some songs (mainly on POM) that just can't be compared to most (if not all) SJ songs.
In defense of Piece Of Mind, it is one of Maiden's most overlooked album, atleast from the classic era. Mostly remembered for The Trooper (rightfully, a classic!) or probably Flight Of Icarus but I will say the instrumental parts are really underrated from the album where the band nailed it! Be it the mid section of Where Eagles Dare, Revelations (the song alone influenced the band In Flames finding their sound) and obviously To Tame A Land. These songs genuinely sound 'progressive' in the sense of dynamics and change of tempos, without noodling around just for the sake of making the songs lengthy.

Back