IRON MAIDEN ALBUM SURVIVOR 2023: Results -> Somewhere In Time wins!

If @Night Prowler wasn't hosting this, I'd think that the host is delaying the announcement on purpose, because you need to have a strong stomach to write off Piece of Mind while Senjutsu is still in the game.

Who are we voting for next to keep Senjutsu safe, AMOLAD?
SJ is a bit more consistent as a whole piece than POM. AMOLAD even more so. It was a close call. And POM is full of great and classic songs for the band. More than the half of it. Not a single ''weak'' song on these albums imo.

With POM gone, my third vote will be going towards Senjutsu, alongside AMOLAD and SSOASS which I've been voting against for several rounds now.

I can only assume this is the first time the final 6 will be made up 3 "classic" era and 3 reunion era albums.
perfectly-balanced-thanos.gif

If we swapped AMOLAD for TFF.

Senjutsu wipes the floor with both.
Not quite, but I can see the point. SNJ is one of the most consistent albums in the discography and while it has a few issues that annoy me (mainly production related and some of the performances) it's definitely better thatn TFF (not a high bar) but also better than a lot of the "classic" albums for me. AMOLAD is my second favorite album overall, so SNJ doesn't come quite as close to touching it, but overall I'm pretty happy with the direction the Maiden albums have chosen these past few years.

SNJ is one of the most consistent albums in the discography and while it has a few issues that annoy me (mainly production related and some of the performances) it's definitely better thatn TFF (not a high bar) but also better than a lot of the "classic" albums for me. AMOLAD is my second favorite album overall, so SNJ doesn't come quite as close to touching it, but overall I'm pretty happy with the direction the Maiden albums have chosen these past few years.
Both SJ and AMOLAD are some of the most consistent albums in the discography. Both filler free imo and very close to strength. I also prefer them to some of the 80's albums and TFF. The production and the amount of studio takes are very important. AMOLAD can't be touched in this regard.
I think I've said it before, but imagine how powerful songs like Senjutsu and Stratego (Lost World, Days, Celts, Parchment too) would sound with the best modern sound, Sneap's. Or with the production of the upcoming solo album of Bruce. I like the production of the album, but I can't help but think that (for TBOS too). And to give another example - NPFTD has a ''hollow'' production (bar the solos and the vocals) and the songs can't shine properly, they have a lot of energy and power. Ok, some songs benefit from it (like the title track and Daughter), but the songs would have been better as a full experience even with Bruce's TM production; it would have been enough to have that spark. Although I have to say that somehow the production of all these albums fits their approach, style and themes.

About the direction of the past few Maiden albums, I like it a lot, but I think they should put a few more shorter songs on the albums for better balance.

While I think that Senjutsu has the best production since BNW I've come around to the realization the reunion albums can sound so much better. Folks love to rake Kevin Shirley over the coals but think he's only getting the results that Steve wants. I wish Steve could relinquish the reins a bit and let a good producer really make the sound shine again, like Martin used to do.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 17
Piece Of Mind
08. The Number Of The Beast
09. The Book Of Souls
10. The Final Frontier
11. Dance Of Death
12. Iron Maiden
13. The X Factor
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. Killers
16. No Prayer For The Dying