Infinite Dreams

How good is Infinite Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Wanted to share this studio version with a female singer showing what she can. The girl is from France. So Ariana, stop reading already, hehe. ;-)
Her favourite male singer is Bruce Dickinson and her favourite female singer is Floor Jansen (@Night Prowler ; cool inspirations, eh?)
I do not find the soft beginning that great, but IMO it really gets better when the singing parts get more intense (harder, rougher), from

Someone chasing I cannot move....

...so scared to sleep... etc.

Good scream in the middle and very strong end.

Last edited:
I really like the lyrics on this album. Even if I think the lyrics gets better later in Maiden's career, I think this album have their lyrical peak in the 80's.
A great songs, I get Revelation-vibes. With no verse-chorus structure this song instead progresses as the journey continues. Good guitar playing, and a brutal scream by Bruce. Like I said, a good song, but I can't help but feel that the song is a little tame, and therefore a give it an 8.

8/10

9. A very strong song that makes it close to a 10 with a great build throughout the song.

Rankings:

Previous Albums:

Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
6 - Sanctuary
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Running Free
9 - Phantom Of The Opera
7 - Transylvania
4 - Strange World
6 - Charlotte The Harlot
7 - Iron Maiden

Killers - 5.91

6 - The Ides Of March
6 - Wrathchild
6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
5 - Another Life
5 - Genghis Khan
5 - Innocent Exile
8 - Killers
5 - Prodigal Son
8 - Purgatory
6 - Twilight Zone
5 - Drifter

The Number Of The Beast - 7.56

6 - Invaders
7 - Children Of The Damned
8 - The Prisoner
7 - 22 Acacia Avenue
9 - The Number Of The Beast
10 - Run To The Hills
6 - Gangland
5 - Total Eclipse
10 - Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind - 7.44

8 - Where Eagles Dare
9 - Revelations
9 - Flight Of Icarus
7 - Die With Your Boots On
8 - The Trooper
7 - Still Life
6 - Quest For Fire
6 - Sun And Steel
7 - To Tame A Land

Powerslave - 6.75

8 - Aces High
7 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
3 - Loss Fer Words
7 - Flash Of The Blade
5 - The Duellists
6 - Back In The Village
9 - Powerslave
9 - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time - 8.00

8 - Caught Somewhere In Time
9 - Wasted Years
8 - Sea Of Madness
8 - Heaven Can Wait
8 - The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
7 - Stranger In A Strange Land
8 - Deja Vu
8 - Alexander The Great

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

7 - Moonchild
9 - Infinite Dreams

This one's worthy of top marks. A great, interesting song that takes you from one level of brilliance to another, all the way to the final "again".
10/10

10. This one is the best from the album. With Moonchild and title track. All the best for what Maiden known for! A True Masterpiece!

Сheck instrumental original version:

Last edited:
10. One of Steve's finest moments, particularly the instrumental section. Even on an album of such brilliance as Seventh Son, this manages to stand out as a highlight

10/10

The Harris-penned Infinite Dreams is incredibly proggy for Maiden, with time and metre changes around every corner. It starts with mournful wailing guitars and bass arpeggios introducing Bruce’s lower register, setting the dreamtime mood. Steve’s bluesy fills during the first verse are magnificent. Bruce lets out a piercing scream following a dramatic staccato section before the band breaks into a typical Maiden gallop and fantastic dueling guitar solos. Infinite Dreams is a melodic epic perfectly condensed into just over six minutes.

As always, I will say that I don't love Infinite Dreams. Many people do, I find it to be less good than several other songs from this album. It's proggy and neat, but also slow and kinda...meh. I like it, without loving it, but I recognize that it has some great music. I lean between a 7 and an 8 for it, but without wanting to call it great, I must vote 7.

This one is a grower. It's totally unlike anything Maiden has done before or after, so it has its own place in the Maiden canon. The beginning is bluesy and soulful, but also atmosphere. It has the ponderous Steve lyrics but here they work with the vocal melodies rather than clash with them.

Love the way this song builds up. Many Maiden tunes start off soft and immediately hit max volume, but this one is a much more slow buildup. With every section they slowly turn it up a notch before finally climaxing with a heavy uptempo riff and a classic Bruce scream. So many great melodies and harmonies through the whole song. My favorite has to be the melody starting at 3:53 and the awesome twin harmony that follows. Such an awesome singalong riff. Then Bruce comes back with one of the best Maiden choruses. It's a shame it doesn't last that long, but at the same time it's better that it didn't overstay its welcome. Once again, excellent solos follow.

After the sprawling musical journey, we come back to familiar territory, but it's not exactly the same. The final verse is a bit more heavy and uptempo than when that part originally appeared.

Such a unique, unpredictable tune.

Could have closed the album with this composition, such is the epic feel of it. Theres a gorgeous slow build with the bluesy, choppy rhythm then a magnificent long bridge into a wonderfully melodic showpiece riff which itself builds up to Bruce's scream.
This is really sensational songwriting. Lyrics are great too and I love the plaintive but powerful outro. The middle instrumental just seems a fraction unremarkable though which just prevents this being a 10. So..

Back