If Maiden get inducted to the RnR HoF...

It feels so much like beating a dead horse at this point that I hesitate to even comment on it, but I was actually amazed at how bad the inductee list is this time around. Not just Maiden (who it really seems the hall is going out of its way not to induct at this point), but also Soundgarden, Warren Zevon, White Stripes, Joy Division are huge omissions. Even Tribe Called Quest seems like a much better hip hop pick than Missy Elliott. I always felt like part of the calculus is money (TV ratings plus attendance for related events). No disrespect to the folks who did get in, but this doesn't seem like a lineup of heavy hitters outside RATM and maybe Kate Bush.
Yeah, I feel like if Maiden could not get in with this group they never will. And Missy Elliott? I am only aware of one song by her and it was a giant stinking pile of shite...

Why? Metallica (including Robert Trujillo!!), Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, KISS, Deep Purple, Def Leppard 5 years now :D, G'n'R, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Judas Priest, Rage Against The Machine... There's a bunch of groups inducted already.

Also Van Halen and Rush.

Also Van Halen and Rush.
Why? Metallica (including Robert Trujillo!!), Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, KISS, Deep Purple, Def Leppard 5 years now :D, G'n'R, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Judas Priest, Rage Against The Machine... There's a bunch of groups inducted already.

But how many of these bands would you consider heavy metal?

I'd classify Rage as alternative metal. If you ask me, I think we're getting one inductee a year that falls under the metal umbrella. Next year will either be Maiden or Motorhead or even a new possibility... Megadeth? Slayer? Pantera?

I agree with Bruce's assessment of the HoF- total garbage. Some random rapper but virtually no metal.

The only amusing bit would be if Dennis Stratton rejoined them and they had a four guitar line up for a few tracks- I would like to see that.....

RnRHoF is an idiotic institution.
Iron Maiden along with Metallica are the biggest metal band in the world for so long and I really don't get how the idiots from HoF can ignore that fact.

Back