If Maiden get inducted to the RnR HoF...

Whatever about Bruce eating humble pie, if Rage Against the Machine accept this they are far bigger hypocrites.
TBH, Morello has been flexing for that Jan Wenner dude for a long time.

(The "boss" of that shithole, who told Neal Peart how to play Crossroads and as a result Stewart Copeland wanted to whack him when he heard that).

Eh, to be expected. Maiden didn't bow down and kiss the HoF's ass like Halford did until Priest finally got inducted. I know I shouldn't care but the real reason why this does bother me is they continually shit on the Hard Rock/Metal genre while the likes of Missy fucking Elliott get in. Wait and see one day in the future whats-her-name will be singing about her wet ass pussy at the induction ceremony...

Yeah, induct Cardi B and Nicki Minaj! RRHOF has zero credibility until that happens.

I know I shouldn't care but the real reason why this does bother me is they continually shit on the Hard Rock/Metal genre while the likes of Missy fucking Elliott get in.

Why? Metallica (including Robert Trujillo!!), Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, KISS, Deep Purple, Def Leppard 5 years now :D, G'n'R, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Judas Priest, Rage Against The Machine... There's a bunch of groups inducted already.

Wait and see one day in the future whats-her-name will be singing about her wet ass pussy at the induction ceremony...

Why? Metallica (including Robert Trujillo!!), Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, KISS, Deep Purple, Def Leppard 5 years now :D, G'n'R, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Judas Priest, Rage Against The Machine... There's a bunch of groups inducted already.
I wouldn't classify RHCP as hard rock/metal, but deserve to be there. With the exception of bands too big to ignore (Zepplin, AC/DC, Sabbath) pretty much all those other bands were overlooked and should have been in years ago. Point being, in the RnR HoF they are lacking actual RnR bands compared to the other genres. Just name it the Popular Music HoF and be done with it.

Edit: You will stand a much better chance of being inducted as a hard rock/metal act if you've had big commercial success in America.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Missy Elliot imo but the selections always seem completely arbitrary. It's fun to roll our eyes at Bruce because he's an annoying old git but he's ultimately right in his assessment of the HoF.

It is really sad how HoF and Grammys totally ignore metal industry. Only Metallica and Ozzy got recogniton that they deserved.

I dont know why metal music is such a big NO for any kind of mainstream media.

What is a problem? No nudity, no stupid lyrics, no hanging out with "cool" politicians....

Britney Spears, New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys will get in before Iron Maiden, Joy Division, King Crimson and Jethro Tull.

Hell, Slayer should have been in before any of the nominees for this year. The entire thing is a joke.

It feels so much like beating a dead horse at this point that I hesitate to even comment on it, but I was actually amazed at how bad the inductee list is this time around. Not just Maiden (who it really seems the hall is going out of its way not to induct at this point), but also Soundgarden, Warren Zevon, White Stripes, Joy Division are huge omissions. Even Tribe Called Quest seems like a much better hip hop pick than Missy Elliott. I always felt like part of the calculus is money (TV ratings plus attendance for related events). No disrespect to the folks who did get in, but this doesn't seem like a lineup of heavy hitters outside RATM and maybe Kate Bush.

and what about Cindi Lauper ? almost 1M votes and she's not on the list. I don't know where John Sykes is going to hide :ninja:
The system used in the Joke'n'Lol Mall Of Meme about the votes is the same system used in Eurovision : the votes of fans are always invisible. They use some kind of stealth technology to avoid the visibility of the votes to fans' eyes... :ninja:

Last edited:
Back