FOTD
ATG
IM
--------
NOTB
Trooper
HBTN
WY

I picked the wrong time to move to Australia (in UK atm but will be in Aus by March) but I hope they announce some dates down under!

Exciting news (all going well I will see them live again at the O2), but can't help but feel they are really turning into the cabaret act they always claimed not to be.
I disagree. They release new albums. Imo, it's cool to combine two albums. Both albums have Time theme going on. And, surely, it helps to create buzz/sell more tickets. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
So SIASL for sure, Wasted Years...and Alex for real this time?
SIASL (I can not believe), Wasted Years, ATG (they have to) and the 4th one is difficult to tell. The title track is a difficult song, the fans backstage for HCW, Deja-Vu I think not (no solos), they don't like how Long Distance Runner sounds live, so maybe Sea Of Madness (played on the original SIT tour).

Exciting news (all going well I will see them live again at the O2), but can't help but feel they are really turning into the cabaret act they always claimed not to be.
Possibly, but I think when you compare Maiden (new stage show, new setlist every tour) to contemporaries such as Kiss and Def Leppard (basically doing the same greatest hits set for over a decade) they definitely come off best. Between the Senjutsu tracks and the SiT material this could rank alongside the 2010 leg of the TFF tour as the most deep cut heavy tour Maiden have done.

The one thing Maiden could improve on imo is having a couple of rotating slots in the setlist.

DOFP and Time Machine are almost guaranteed, I would bet on Hell on Earth too and doubt they sack TWOTW.
Senjutsu, TWOTW, DOFP (probably in the place of Stratego), Hell On Earth, Parchment and The Time Machine (this is a must given the SIT album theme). I would love to hear Darkest Hour and Death Of The Celts too.

I beg them to play:
Stranger in A Strange Land, Alexander the Great, Lost In A Lost World, The Parchment, Hell On Earth
Wasted Years is a given.
I would be fine if Senjutsu, Stratego will be not played.

Wow, weird they are combining Senjutsu and Somewhere in time. Guess they have to milk the album they haven’t focused on from the golden years…

But now they should hopefully play a couple of deep cuts from Sit!

Iron Maiden will be bringing a new tour to Europe in the Summer of 2023 including arena shows in the UK & Ireland. The Future Past Tour will feature previously unperformed songs from the band’s most recent studio album, Senjutsu along with a focus on 1986’s iconic Somewhere In Time record, plus other classic cuts.

tfp_imcom_poster.jpg

The first shows to be announced are as follows:

June 2023
13 Tauron Arena, Krakow, POLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
19 Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWITZERLAND - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
24 3Arena, Dublin, IRELAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
26 Ovo Hydro, Glasgow, SCOTLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
28 First Direct Arena, Leeds, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
30 AO Arena, Manchester, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)

July 2023
03 Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
04 Utilita Arena, Birmingham, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
07 O2 Arena, London, ENGLAND - (On sale Fri Oct 14)
11 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
13 Sportpaleis, Antwerp, BELGIUM - (On sale Thu Oct 13)
15 The Return of the Gods Festival, Milan, ITALY - (On sale Tomorrow! Fri Oct 7)

Further European dates for The Future Past Tour will be announced later. Keep up to date here.

Fan Club Presales begin Tuesday 11th October. Details to be added shortly.
Support for The Future Past Tour will be announced at a later date. Trooper VIP will be available at selected UK and European dates.

Steve Harris says,
“Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we’ve decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn’t feature in the various retrospective history tours we’ve played over the years. They were based on our 80’s concert videos and sadly we did not film that tour (blame the manager!!). We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them, plus of course a few others we know you will like! It will also be particularly satisfying to finally get to play some of the more epic tracks on Senjutsu, it's been a long wait! 2023 is going to be an exciting time and we’re really looking forward to seeing everyone again in the UK, Ireland and around Europe”.

Manager, Rod Smallwood adds,
“This combination of the two albums we feel is very exciting. We know fans want to hear those epic cuts on Senjutsu for the first time live and we think that by combining it with an iconic album like Somewhere In Time it will make for another really special tour for fans old and new! Of course, for a new album tour in Europe and the UK we will go back largely to the relative intimacy of arenas and we know fans will be very happy about that too!”

Thank god for no pagodas :D I sincerely hope they will change the layout of the stage and make it more SIT stage set like.
Steve says:
"Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we’ve decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn’t feature in the various retrospective history tours we’ve played over the years.

Does this mean they will not play first three songs of Senjutsu album? Imo, it would be clever, it leaves room for more songs to be played...
That artwork is super cool/great. Now we know Senjutsu should be named 'Days Of Future Past', with that artwork :D
The great futuristic promo video maybe confirms the stage set they will use next year? A modern SIT version. I agree about the layout.

So if there will be no Japanese Palace stage (I'll miss it), then this is not a Senjutsu tour but a kind of a History tour for SIT. I don't like that.
It's odd that they will only use the Senjutsu stage for 1 leg of a Hits tour.

They will not open with the 3 Senjutsu songs, I think. ''Days Of Future Past'' (cool album title) would be a great opener.

So do many other bands who do cabaret tours...

I agree with your initial point, but assuming they'll play at least five new cuts (especially them all being different than this year's Senjutsu cuts, save TWOTW maybe), structurally the setlist will be just as "new and relevant" as on any of their earlier album tours.

But yeah, doing a simultaneous history & new album tour has that cabaret-y taste, no doubt!

So do many other bands who do cabaret tours...
True, but they will often do just 1 or 2 songs off of them then roll out 'The Hits', the new Maiden set will probably be 1/3rd new songs, 1/3rd lesser played old songs, 1/3rd the usual suspects. Not to mention I would say in most cases Maiden's new material is much better than efforts by other members of the old guard, though this is subjective I suppose.

Even LotB which was the most cabaret of the history tours so far for me had them digging into Blaze-era material and lesser played cuts like Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare.

Let's face it, Maiden could still be touring the Somewhere Back in Time set, or even the Ed Huntour set and still get a headline spot at all the festivals if they were so inclined.

Also, Maiden have limited time left to tour and play music, I would rather this hybrid model than 2 years album tour, 2 years history tour.

I am completely over the moon. Somewhere in Time is the most overlooked/underrated of their 1980s albums imo, and it's amazing that it will finally get a (semi) dedicated tour.

Senjutsu is now the first ever IM album not to be promoted with a dedicated tour. Having played at least 5 songs from it over 2 tours, I can't see them doing a dedicated tour for it in 2024/25, 3/4 years after it was released. I think this makes sense though - on the one hand because of the spanner that Covid threw in the works, and on the other hand because frankly I don't think there's that much good live material on the album.

This also seems to indicate to me that the band are not planning on retiring soon. There was a consistent rumour that I heard from a few different people that after LOTB 2022 they were going to do a dedicated Senjutsu tour where they played the album in its entirety, and then call it quits. This does not seem to be happening.

Setlist wise, I'm not optimistic about Alexander the Great being played (and tbh I think it's overrated by the fans). They have never once played a song on that wasn't played on the tour to promote the album on which the song appears. What I am excited about is seeing them open with Caught Somewhere in Time, which is a fantastic opener and features one of Adrian's best solos. I can't really see them opening with anything else, especially if they go for a SiT themed stage set.

From the tour promo material we are also clearly getting SIASL. I expect we'll also get Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait.
From Senjutsu we will almost certainly be getting "Days of Future Past". The press release seems to suggest that the material that will feature from Senjutsu will be "epics" and/or "previously unperformed" songs. The "epics" are most obviously the 3 tracks which close the album, of which the best is (imo) clearly Hell on Earth, so I expect they'll play that. We might get one of The Parchment or Death of the Celts.
I have no idea which tracks out of the first 3 on Senjustu they will play. Senjutsu is the title track and is arguably an "epic", but I don't think it really works live and they have already played it. Stratego is neither an epic nor previously unperformed, but was a single. WotW was the lead single and got the best crowd response, so I suppose of the 3 it's the most likely to make the cut.

The press release also promises some "classics", so I expect we will get Trooper (appears in the promo), NOTB maybe 2M2M (could be the ruined city at the top of the poster, was played on the SiT tour, hasn't been played live in a whole THREE YEARS), and probably HBTN as well. I hope they drop FotD for literally anything else.

In recent tours they have been throwing us some serious curveballs and I think this will be no different. Something from Final Frontier would fit the space theme, it's the only album in the whole catalogue from which 0 tracks have been played on subsequent tours and they like to drop in something from 2000 onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back