Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well judging by the announcement text and the title of the tour, I think we can safely toss previous setlist predictions since it genuinely sounds like they might actually not play Senjutsu/Stratego/TWOTW* on the album tour, as insane as that sounds. Days of Future Past meanwhile is confirmed for sure.

e: to clarify, *one or even two of these, but reasonably Senjutsu will be played since it's the title track.

Just wow! The idea of a Senjutsu/SIT tour is great (''Alexander The Great'' finally live? This time it's mandatory). I knew both albums would work great together and we all knew the reason for this tour mentioned by Steve (I agree with him). HYPE!!!

The artwork of the tour poster is cool. The Future Past Tour is an interesting (and the most fitting) name of the tour, but that means we will not have an official tour named Senjutsu with a tour poster just featuring Samurai Eddie! Odd.

According to Steve they will not use the Pagodas stage from this year again - does this mean we will get a modern SIT stage? It would be odd, but then again the tour is not named ''Senjutsu''. They can make the stage from two different halves (that would be something cool and something they've never done before), like Eddie's face from the tour poster.

If the 2023 tour is only in Europe and UK, I think a 2nd leg in 2024 is very possible.
Maybe this is why the Senjutsu stage set for this leg of the tour looked a little 2D and lower budget than previous album stage sets, because they knew it would only be up for 3 songs of one leg of a tour.

I would expect a recreation of the SiT set like we got recreations of the classic stages in the SBiT and Maiden England tours, as there is no mention of the different stage 'worlds' that were mentioned in the press releases for the Legacy tours. I'm quite excited by this because it seems like on the actual Somewhere on Tour the vision of the stage set couldn't quite be realised by the technology available at the time (Bruce's heavy light-up jacket that ran out of batteries halfway through the first song etc.) so I'm hoping we can expect some great lights and theatrics as well as the chance to hear a bunch of new Senjutsu songs and rarities from SiT.

Well judging by the announcement text and the title of the tour, I think we can safely toss previous setlist predictions since it genuinely sounds like they might actually not play Senjutsu/Stratego/TWOTW* on the album tour, as insane as that sounds. Days of Future Past meanwhile is confirmed for sure.

e: to clarify, *one or even two of these, but reasonably Senjutsu will be played since it's the title track.
TWOTW hinted at video.

If they have humour they should play Brave New World after SIASL
I expect ''Brave New World'' to be played next year.

SIASL Eddie is on the tour poster too, btw.

TWOTW is hinted at the short promo video, the title track should be played and maybe they will drop Stratego, but I doubt it. I'm not sure, ofc.

According to Steve they will not use the Pagodas stage from this year again - does this mean we will get a modern SIT stage?
Thank god for no pagodas :D I sincerely hope they will change the layout of the stage and make it more SIT stage set like.
Steve says:
"Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we’ve decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn’t feature in the various retrospective history tours we’ve played over the years.

Does this mean they will not play first three songs of Senjutsu album? Imo, it would be clever, it leaves room for more songs to be played...
That artwork is super cool/great. Now we know Senjutsu should be named 'Days Of Future Past', with that artwork :D

Last edited:
Setlist semi-realistic hope/prediction:

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. Wasted Years
3. Writing on the Wall
4. The Trooper
5. Days of Future Past
6. The Time Machine
7. Stranger in a Strange Land
8. The Parchment
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Hell on Earth
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Number of the Best
13. Iron Maiden

ENCORE

14. Alexander the Great
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Exciting news (all going well I will see them live again at the O2), but can't help but feel they are really turning into the cabaret act they always claimed not to be.

Exciting news (all going well I will see them live again at the O2), but can't help but feel they are really turning into the cabaret act they always claimed not to be.
Fingers crossed for a more stripped down set for this tour.
Somewhere in Time stageset that remains on stage for most of the gig, then just rolling posters for TWOTW and the Senjutsu songs.

The flamethrower during Icarus and flag and costume for The Trooper is cool but I can live without Bruce waving a toy sword during the Clansman.

Honestly, I hope they don’t play CSIT right now, it would probably just be sad like Aces High has been this year. DOFP and Time Machine are almost guaranteed, I would bet on Hell on Earth too and doubt they sack TWOTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back