Guilty pleasures

80s Pop is mostly filled with cheese, but it's one of my favorite styles of music. Great atmospheres and melodic prowess. I don't consider it a guilty pleasure at all.

I distinctly remember Holding Out for a Hero. I refuse to class any of it a guilty pleasure. ;)

One of my guilty pleasures. I sing this to myself regularly. And that sax solo at 1:55!

Guilty pleasures? I've become a huge John Mayer fan during the last few months!

My wife likes his music and have so for many years, and as usual I've never cared for her music and musical taste, as we have NOTHING in common when it comes to music. Only band we both like are Sigur ròs, but earlier this year I found myself listening to Mayer while driving the kids to kindergarden every day, and started to think "wow, that part was awesome", "that song truly have some great lyrics" etc.
I put all his songs into my Ipod, and started listening to all the albums multiple times whenever I could, and I ended up having big trouble to pick favorite songs/album, worst album cause he's so versatile and very different approach for every album he has done:eek:

When it comes to one-hit wonders, I love that Ozzy-wannabe that had that song a couple of years ago! (Somebody tjat I used to know?)

Guilty pleasures? I've become a huge John Mayer fan during the last few months!

My wife likes his music and have so for many years, and as usual I've never cared for her music and musical taste, as we have NOTHING in common when it comes to music. Only band we both like are Sigur ròs, but earlier this year I found myself listening to Mayer while driving the kids to kindergarden every day, and started to think "wow, that part was awesome", "that song truly have some great lyrics" etc.
I put all his songs into my Ipod, and started listening to all the albums multiple times whenever I could, and I ended up having big trouble to pick favorite songs/album, worst album cause he's so versatile and very different approach for every album he has done:eek:

I love John Mayer without apology.

Sure, the guy has an ego the size of Jupiter and wrote a few songs just to make a buck, but he's an absolutely brilliant guitar player and musician. I'd rank him as one of the best songwriters of the last twenty years, probably top two.

I love John Mayer without apology.

Sure, the guy has an ego the size of Jupiter and wrote a few songs just to make a buck, but he's an absolutely brilliant guitar player and musician. I'd rank him as one of the best songwriters of the last twenty years, probably top two.
Awesome! :)

Who is your other favorite songwriter?

I am ashamed to say... I have heard Olly Murs' and Demi Lovato's Up so many times on Czech radio lately, I'm slowly starting to like it. :ahhh:

You know, Bonnie Tyler had a nice run where she was pretty much crushing it: "It's a Heartache," "Total Eclipse" and "Holding Out for a Hero" among others.

Yeah, I know it's a few months old, but I just saw this...

Not that she isn't a good singer, but the last 2 songs in that list were written by Jim Steinman, and I'd credit his writing for most of their effect.

Back