Guilty pleasures

That song isn't too outlandish compared to the rest of old-school hiphop. "Only rap song I like" maybe, but I think you might be mistaken with the "will ever like".

Roxette were awesome. I think they do tours sporadically. Per Gessle alternates between Gyllene Tider (major Swedish 70-80's pop band), solo and Roxette.

Pretty sure (without researching it) that Marie Fredriksson wrote Roxette's lyrics, as the rhymes are too good and the lyrics too mature for Per Gessle.

I love this one too.

Last edited:
Pretty sure (without researching it) that Marie Fredriksson wrote Roxette's lyrics, as the rhymes are too good and the lyrics too mature for Per Gessle.
Gessle wrote pretty much everything. Believe it or not, he was the man behind such lyrical gems as "She's got a club on the moon / And she's telling all her secrets / In a wonderful balloon" :p

I don't mind Roxette, but I don't think their songs stand up to the repeated listens you're inevitably subjected to in Sweden.

I admit, I liked Roxette's first single.

After that, they defecated out nothing but suckass pseudo-music, the worst ever seen. Seriously, I'd rather be locked in a closet with Ace of Base.

I admit, I liked Roxette's first single.

After that, they defecated out nothing but suckass pseudo-music, the worst ever seen. Seriously, I'd rather be locked in a closet with Ace of Base.
Good choice. I myself though, think there are plenty of other gems. Like this:

@Shadow Ouch. Yeah, that sounds like Gessle indeed.

Back