Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Rainbow's Gold
Mmmh... Yes! That's the winner. Your turn @Black Bart

Clues explained:

Clue 1: This song has a female character.
Sweet Little Girl...

Clue 2: The lyrics also mention an animal
Bird

Clue 3: The first verse has a line that (if you're into Maiden) will immediately make you think about another Maiden song. If you're more into the Beatles, there is a line in the same verse that points to a song of theirs, too.
"Catch your sould, he's willing to fly away" --> Hallowed be thy Name
"And your bird, he's singing" --> And Your Bird Can Sing (The Beatles)

Clue 4: The song describes escape, both in an actual and a metaphysical form.
"Packed your bags in a hurry"
"Your soul (...) willing to fly away"

Clue 5:
2024 is a year that marks two anniversaries for the song.
40 years since Maiden released it as B-side on the "2 Minutes to Midnight" single.
50 years ago, Beckett released the original on their self-titled album.

Clue 6:
At first, the lyrics convey a sense of optimism and promise. Later on, a sense of resignation suddenly dominates, before a return to the status quo.
"Heat of the morning", "day is still dawning", "bird's singing"... all good things.
The mid-section repeats the phrase I'm So Tired", before the first verse is repeated.

Clue 7:
Within the name of the song, you will find the name of a (mainly) 70s band and a hugely successful album by another (mainly) 70s band.
Rainbow. Gold (ABBA's Best of album).

Clue 8:
In the midst of the song, the lyrical self encounters a person that may or may not be real.
"I'm not sure if she's really real or make believe / Maybe she's a vision that comes only to me"

Clue 9:
You'll hear the drummer before anyone else when you put this track on your music player.
Self-explanatory

Are Bruce Dickinson songs allowed? If so I'd go with "I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer" lol

Serious guess: Still Life

Back