Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1:
A song triangle of Man on the Edge, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Shadows of the Valley will lead you to this Iron Maiden tune.

Clue 2:
Kinks.png

Clue 3:

The song is neither the shortest or the longest on the album where it belongs. Whether it's "catchy" or not is probably a more open question, but it's no Wasted Years (in my humble opinion).

Clue 4:
There are two different versions of this song in existence.

All good songs, but not the one: Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera, Be Quick or Be Dead, Wasted Years, The Prisoner, Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land

Clue 1:
A song triangle of Man on the Edge, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Shadows of the Valley will lead you to this Iron Maiden tune.

Clue 2:

Kinks.png

Clue 3:

The song is neither the shortest or the longest on the album where it belongs. Whether it's "catchy" or not is probably a more open question, but it's no Wasted Years (in my humble opinion).

Clue 4:

Clue 5:
For the casual observer, the song might come across as more popular than it actually is within the Maiden fan base.

All good songs, but not the one: Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera, Be Quick or Be Dead, Wasted Years, The Prisoner, Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, Journeyman, Speed of Light

Clue 1:

Clue 2:

Kinks.png

Clue 3:

Clue 4:

Clue 5:
For the casual observer, the song might come across as more popular than it actually is within the Maiden fan base.

Clue 6:
Field? Carr? Cinnamoon?

All good songs, but not the one: Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera, Be Quick or Be Dead, Wasted Years, The Prisoner, Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, Journeyman, Speed of Light, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Wildest Dreams, Can I Play With Madness

Wasting Love - the clues explained:

Clue 1:
These song titles have keywords from the lyris: An honest man, full of loneliness, rolling shadows.

Clue 2: Kinks' "All Day And All Of The Night": In the lyrics we find both "sunrise to sunset" and "rolling shadows of nights".

Clue 3:
Self-explanatory. Wasted/wasting could maybe serve as a hidden clue.

Clue 4:
There is both the album version and a shorter radio edit that was released in selected countries.

Clue 5:
"Wasting Love" somehow boasts a Spotify play count of 75 million, which dwarfs both the other singles from the album (BQOBT and FHTE), and many other brilliant Maiden tunes.

Clue 6:
Field? Carr? Cinnamoon?
Three Sallies, actor Sally Fields, singer Sally Carr and (The Stone Roses') Sally Cinnamoon. The "Wasting Love" single cover shows the name Sally being tattooed on some poor geezer's skin. This cover always used to mystify me. Only years later I realised it's a still photo from that rather naff video, which I didn't get to watch until well into the YouTube-era.

Back