Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Children of the Damned!
Congratulations! :)

Clue #1:
1680974772772.jpeg

< This is Chris Kontos, the drummer on Machine Head’s Burn My Eyes // “But watch his eyes burn you away”

Clue #2:
From a syntactic perspective, the lyrics contain a line commonly described as a subordinate clause, or protasis, which is canonically followed by a then-clause, the apodosis.
< this is a linguistic description of an IF-clause, as in “If he had lived, he would have crucified us all”

Clue #3:
gas2.jpg

<
an early (1916) British gas mask, to protect oneself from searing gas //Smiles as the flame sears his flesh”

Clue #4: Helloween, X, 10
< the tenth song on Helloween’s tenth studio album (i.e Rabbit Don’t Come Easy) is entitled “Back Against The Wall” // “Your back's against the wall”

Clue #5: Donald Meredeth Finch, (the) French head (of) Middleton
< Both “Donald Meredeth Finch” and “French head Middleton” are anagrams of “Children of the Damned”

Clue #6:
4e9d73ff84442f12ee63d60a740b96d7.jpg

< “Now he’s standing on his last step”

Clue #7: A line in this song features both the title of an Accept song and the title of a Spock Beard's album.
< Accept “Burning”; Spock’s Beard The Light -> “You turn into the light, you’re burning in the night”

Clue #8: In this song, there is an expression which has been borrowed to entitle a complotist book by one Mr Freeman (of all names
:D
).
< The book According to Plan (complotist tripe prefaced by Ben Carson. to boot..)
https://www.amazon.com/According-Plan-Elites-Sabotage-America/dp/1958945005
// "Watch him die according to plan"

Clue #9: The title of the song features the name of a punk band, whose first album is an element of their name repeated three times.
< The Damned, Damned, Damned, Damned (1980)

Clue #10:
51-38gOsnDL._SX355_.jpg

< “Melting his face, screaming in pain”

Extra clue: you may Have noticed tHat most of my clues Have been going two by two tHis round. THis "double" symbolic migHt not be coincidental.
<H (Adrian Smith) played the song on a double-neck guitar at Donington 2007 and other dates.

Your turn, @Jmaster ! :)

Clue 1:
A song triangle of Man on the Edge, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Shadows of the Valley will lead you to this Iron Maiden tune.

Clue 2:
Kinks.png

All good songs, but not the one:
Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High

So, a song where someone or something is falling, running and wandering...

Hum, it looks like a very short and catchy Maiden song called Aces High where the pilot is running, scrambling, flying, rolling, turning, diving and going in again... ;)
Clue 1:
A song triangle of Man on the Edge, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Shadows of the Valley will lead you to this Iron Maiden tune.

Clue 2:

Kinks.png

Clue 3:

The song is neither the shortest or the longest on the album where it belongs. Whether it's "catchy" or not is probably a more open question, but it's no Wasted Years (in my humble opinion).

All good songs, but not the one: Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera, Be Quick or Be Dead, Wasted Years

Last edited:
Caught Somewhere In Time ?

Because of this clue (indicating that the song to guess is on SIT) :

Clue 3:
The song is neither the shortest or the longest on the album where it belongs. Whether it's "catchy" or not is probably a more open question, but it's no Wasted Years (in my humble opinion).

Last edited:
Back