Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

The Man of Sorrows
"The Longest Day"?
No to both.

Clue #1: No sympathy for fools
Clue #2: Hammer into anvil
Clue #3: No one can ever know, if you never saw them grow
Clue #4: Minister my promises

Hint #1: These clues are only a starting point. You have to follow the clues to find the true path to the answer.
Hint #2: These clues are all lyrics from Bruce Dickinson solo tracks.
Hint #3: The answer will have you B-side yourself.

Incorrect guesses: No Prayer For The Dying, Children Of The Damned, Starblind, El Dorado, The Prisoner, Flash Of The Blade, Sun And Steel, Back In The Village, Ghost Of The Navigator, The Alchemist, The Educated Fool, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Revelations, Judas Be My Guide, To Tame A Land, The Man Of Sorrows, The Longest Day

Rime of the Ancient Mariner
I've got the fire
No to both.

OK, I figured this would be on the harder side, but I didn't think it would be stumping folks quite so badly. Let me point a little more clearly in the right direction.

Clue #1: No sympathy for fools
Clue #2: Hammer into anvil
Clue #3: No one can ever know, if you never saw them grow
Clue #4: Minister my promises

Hint #1: These clues are only a starting point. You have to follow the clues to find the true path to the answer.
Hint #2: These clues are all lyrics from Bruce Dickinson solo tracks.
Hint #3: The answer will have you B-side yourself.
Hint #4: Each of the clues is the first half of a lyric. You need to think about the second half of each lyric to reach the answer.

Incorrect guesses: No Prayer For The Dying, Children Of The Damned, Starblind, El Dorado, The Prisoner, Flash Of The Blade, Sun And Steel, Back In The Village, Ghost Of The Navigator, The Alchemist, The Educated Fool, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Revelations, Judas Be My Guide, To Tame A Land, The Man Of Sorrows, The Longest Day, Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter, Dream Of Mirrors, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, I've Got The Fire

"Total Eclipse"?
Ding, ding, ding -- we (finally) have a winner!

As the hints explained, each clue was the beginning of a lyric, and the following lyric revealed the true clue.

Clue #1: No sympathy for fools -> my star is black and burned
Clue #2: Hammer into anvil -> snuffing out the sun
Clue #3: No one can ever know, if you never saw them grow -> but this darkness is really full of light
Clue #4: Minister my promises -> as her shadow cuts the day away

Sorry that this wound up being harder than I thought...

Sorry that this wound up being harder than I thought...
No need to apologize. That's what this game is for! :D

I'll pass my turn, if that's okay. I'm not in the mood to make up clues right now, so anyone's welcome to keep it up. Go ahead, if you'd like!

Someone might as well get the obvious choice out of the way:

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

BOY you fuckin' nailed it from the first go! :eek::eek::eek:

:clap::clap::clap:

I was using it as: Many sons is a part of the song "Father Abraham", and Lord of Light has "bloody father's hand".

I'm interested in hearing how you figured it out that fast lol.
It was close actually: first, I thought it had to do with mythology (not too far-fetched). Then, I thought "Jupiter/ Zeus" but couldn't find much in my memory of Maiden lyrics related to him.... so I switched to the other side :devil2:. Since all metalheads are sons of Satan ("Lucifer" = "Lord of Light"), it was a no-brainer. :lol:

Clue #1: Beautiful

Back