Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

No

Clue #1: Beautiful
Clue #2: the Hand of God
Clue #3:
617VYXXZTCL._SY355_.jpg

Clue #4: and I raise my head and stare...
Clue #5: You've spilled your "birra"? Nevermind

Incorrect guesses: That Girl/ Out of the Shadows/ When the Wild Wind Blows/ Coming Home/Out of the Silent Planet/Weekend Warrior/ The Pilgrim/ Revelations/ The Prophecy/ Starblind/ The Clansman/ Brighter than a Thousand Suns/ Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger/ Dream of Mirrors

@GroundZero , shouldn't there be extra points for number of incorrect guesses going to clue giver?
That would not be fair: sometimes the clue-giver can react as soon as 3 incorrect guesses are given, sometimes they can only come and check many more guesses one day later... which is precisely my case in this round.

As far as new "amendments" (to GroundZero's Constitution :D ) are concerned, I think there should be:
- one (and only one) picture among the clues
- a maximum of 6 clues (after what, if the answer has not been found, the clue-giver might lose a point)
... this is why I've made clue 5 very easy I think! :)

That would not be fair: sometimes the clue-giver can react as soon as 3 incorrect guesses are given, sometimes they can come and check many more guesses one day later... which is precisely my case in this round.

As far as new "amendments" (to GroundZero's Constitution :D ) are concerned, I think there should be:
- one (and only one) picture among the clues
- a maximum of 6 clues (after what, if the answer has not been found, the clue-giver might lose a point)
... this is why I've made clue 5 very easy I think! :)
Yup, you're right, I hadn't thought of that.
But still it should make some difference if a song is guessed immediately or after a painful dieselagony; and why should the clue-giver lose a point (rather than gaining an extra one) if the answer has not been found within a given number of clues? That would only encourage too easy clues, wouldn't it?

and why should the clue-giver lose a point (rather than gaining an extra one) if the answer has not been found within a given number of clues? That would only encourage too easy clues, wouldn't it?
It is just a personal opinion of course, but I think this game is more agreeable when each round is not too long (the meaning of which is also subjective ;) ); maybe in reference to a similar game - the Iron Maiden Picture Game - which seems to have died out recently. Consequently, one should not be encouraged to post too difficult clues, at least not after the first few.

No

So I will try to make clue #6 the last one (without giving it away)

Clue #1: Beautiful
Clue #2: the Hand of God
Clue #3:
617VYXXZTCL._SY355_.jpg

Clue #4: and I raise my head and stare...
Clue #5: You've spilled your "birra"? Nevermind
Clue #6: the first official live release of this song as a B-side was interpreted without its (only) writer

Incorrect guesses: That Girl/ Out of the Shadows/ When the Wild Wind Blows/ Coming Home/Out of the Silent Planet/Weekend Warrior/ The Pilgrim/ Revelations/ The Prophecy/ Starblind/ The Clansman/ Brighter than a Thousand Suns/ Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger/ Dream of Mirrors/22 Acacia Avenue/ Sign of the Cross/ Empire of the Clouds

Last edited:
Back