Clue #1:
"I'm sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket to my destination"

Clue #2:
View attachment 37001

Clue #3
View attachment 37053

Clue #4:
The last words of this song correspond to the title of a "hit" by a Brazilian band influenced by and related to Iron Maiden.

Clue #5:
The song was played live.

Clue #6:
"What did I see? Can I believe that what I saw
That night was real and not just fantasy?"

Clue #7:
View attachment 37109 = View attachment 37110

Clue #8:

Clue #9:
View attachment 37124

Clue #10: a TV series has the same name as the song and the two main actors, who had met while filming it, ended up marrying each other.

Clue #11: this song was played on the first two dates of a tour.

Clue #12: in the lyrics, only half of Bobby McFerrin's message can be heard.

Clue #13: I am running out of clues because the lyrics are nothing too special... which should lead you to the (sole) writer of the song. ;)

Clue #14: the lyrics evoke an unpleasant phenomenon that repeats itself.

Clue #15: Gary Moore comes to mind in the first verse

Incorrect guesses: Wasted Years/ Coming Home/ The Clairvoyant/ El Dorado/ Journeyman/ Public Enema Number One/ Dance of Death/ Can I Play With Madness/ The Number of the Beast/ From Here To Eternity/ Powerslave/ Fear of the Dark/ The Parchment/ Juanita/ The Edge of Darkness/ Man On The Edge/ Blood On The World's Hands/ The Aftermath/ Back in the Village/ The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg/ The Clansman/ Out of the Silent Planet

Last edited:
Clue #4:
The last words of this song correspond to the title of a "hit" by a Brazilian band influenced by and related to Iron Maiden.
Could be this brazilian band called Viper ? If it's the case, then they released an album called 'All My Life'.

Could the Maiden song then be "Judgement Of Heaven" ? I doubt it as it has never been played live, neither has been "The Unbeliever", so... What this could be ?

Lord Of Light ?

Fortunes of War
That's the one! :)

Clue #1:
"I'm sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket to my destination"
< these lyrics are from Simon & Garfunkel's "Homeward bound" // "After the war and now / That they've sent us homeward" + "the minds of the men / Who are on their way home"

Clue #2:
View attachment 37001 < "When you laugh are you really crying?"

Clue #3
View attachment 37053 < this is four times the logo of Grave Digger from the cover of their album Tunes of War, hence "four tunes of war" :facepalm:
1718563371841.jpeg

Clue #4:
< "I wonder if I've the strength to carry on /Carry on"

Clue #5:
The song was played live.
< self explanatory

Clue #6:
"What did I see? Can I believe that what I saw
That night was real and not just fantasy?"
< these lyrics from "The Number of the Beast" are similar in meaning to the verse
"I hear voices in my head
Could I really be going crazy?
In the night, the visions seem so real
Do you care if you live or die?
When you laugh, are you really crying?
You're not sure what's real anymore"

Clue #7:
View attachment 37109 = View attachment 37110
< "People say "don't worry"
Say that time's a perfect healer"

Clue #8:
< this Saxon song covers a similar subject

Clue #9:
View attachment 37124
< this still from The Simpsons' "Curse of the Flying Hellfish" features a young Montgomery Burns, known for his fortune, at war.

Clue #10: a TV series has the same name as the song and the two main actors, who had met while filming it, ended up marrying each other.
< the British TV series Fortunes of War features Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson, who eventually married.

Clue #11: this song was played on the first two dates of a tour.
< the song was played on the Virtual XI World Tour 1998, but only in Norwich (April 22nd) and Lille (April 26th).

Clue #12: in the lyrics, only half of Bobby McFerrin's message can be heard.
< "People say "don't worry"
Say that time's a perfect healer" //

Clue #13: I am running out of clues because the lyrics are nothing too special... which should lead you to the (sole) writer of the song. ;)
< it is a Steve Harris song.

Clue #14: the lyrics evoke an unpleasant phenomenon that repeats itself.
< "The vivid scenes /And all the recurring nightmares" +"That the nightmares they will come to pass"

Clue #15: Gary Moore comes to mind in the first verse
< the song starts with the words "After the war" //
1718564023522.jpeg

Good job, @Jmaster ; your turn! :)

Clue 1:
This song starts with a narrative technique that is also used in a few other Maiden songs. In the case of this particular song, it takes on a double meaning.

Clue 2:
A geographical place where Maiden have been and also played nearby is to be found in the lyrics.

Clue 3:
If we look at the title of the song, it is both unique and typical for the Maiden catalogue.

Your prophecies will send us all to hell: The Legacy, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Dance of Death, Running Free, Sign of the Cross,

Last edited:
Back