Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1:

Clue #2: Smile Darn Ya Smile

Clue #3: In the lyrics of this song, we can see the name of a British band in which a Maiden-related musician now plays.

Clue #4: Seven seconds away, just as long as I stay

Clue #5:
"The Earth starts to rumble
World powers fall"

Clue #6:
"Sweet Lucy was a dancer
But none of us would chance her
Because she was a samurai"

Clue #7: this song celebrated an anniversary this year.
Clue #8:
1701797517850.png

Clue #9:
1701797541478.jpeg

Incorrect Guesses: Twilight Zone/ Transylvania/ The Writing On The Wall/ Charlotte The Harlot/ Kill Me Ce Soir/ Revelations/ Darkest Hour/ Coming Home/ Age of Innocence/ Sanctuary/ Moonchild/ Phantom of the Opera/ The Wicker Man/ Fates Warning/ Public Enema Number One/ Sun and Steel/ Die With Your Boots On

Last edited:
Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Here it is! :)

Clue #1:
< Bruce is quoted to have said ""We're going to release this as a single on Christmas Eve to scare the living daylights out of Cliff Richard".

Clue #2: Smile Darn Ya Smile
< A song from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? . Note that Jessica Rabbit appears on the cover of the single.

Clue #3: In the lyrics of this song, we can see the name of a British band in which a Maiden-related musician now plays.
< Dave "Bucket" Colwell, who co-wrote "Reach Out", has been playing with Humble Pie lately. // "Just empty words and humble pie"

Clue #4: Seven seconds away, just as long as I stay
< the following line of this Youssou N'Dour song ("Seven seconds") is "I'll Be Waiting" // "You just pray that I'll be waiting"

Clue #5:
"The Earth starts to rumble
World powers fall"
< these lines from Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction" evoke the destruction of the world // "Honey it's getting close to midnight" (where midnight is the end of the world, as in 23:58)... yes, I know, a bit far-fetched. ;)

Clue #6:
"Sweet Lucy was a dancer
But none of us would chance her
Because she was a samurai"
< the opening lines of Deep Purple's "Knockin' At Your Backdoor" // "Unchain your back door, invite me around"

Clue #7: this song celebrated an anniversary this year.
< it has been twenty years (two decades!!!) since Maiden last played the song, on the Gimme 'Ed Till I'm Dead tour.

Clue #8:
View attachment 32193
< the band Humble Pie, live. (see clue #3)

Clue #9:
View attachment 32194
< "Bite the pillow, make no sound"

Congratulations, @Jmaster ! Your turn. :)

Last edited:
Clue 1:
Start with the name of an Iron Maiden song and show opener (which may or may not have been played live), add one, and then you will find an event which inspired this Maiden song.

Clue 1:
Start with the name of an Iron Maiden song and show opener (which may or may not have been played live), add one, and then you will find an event which inspired this Maiden song.

Clue 2:
In the song lyrics, you will find the name of a Black Sabbath song, an animal, an influential Aussie rock band, a seminal trash metal album, and a NWOBHM band.

You better get away to guess another day: Invaders, Empire of the Clouds

Clue 1:

Clue 2:
In the song lyrics, you will find the name of a Black Sabbath song, an animal, an influential Aussie rock band, a seminal trash metal album, and a NWOBHM band.

Clue 3:
The lyrics recount past actions, but the story is told from a present-day point of view.

You better get away to guess another day: Invaders, Empire of the Clouds, Futureal, Be Quick or be Dead, Quest for Fire

Back