Ghost

I'm going back to Vegas. I'm trying to figure out how to get the Pale Black package for early entry. I can see the Meet and Greet is for sale, but not the other one.

Anyone have any ideas?

So they just announced a second US tour for this year, I guess that means we in the rest of the world will have to wait for the next year to see them. That is very disappointing.

So they just announced a second US tour for this year, I guess that means we in the rest of the world will have to wait for the next year to see them. That is very disappointing.
I was wondering if this was a taste of things to come. They've broken into the US scene properly and have been courting American celebrity name dropping stuff. I'd be surprised if Tobias has much interest in Europe now.

Yeah, Tobias is very keen on courting the US, I guess that's where the money is. At least it payed off for him, it's #3 on Billboard, to think that Iron Maiden still never managed to achieve that is incredible.

I just never thought that an European band that tours often would not tour Europe in the year they release a new album, but there you go.

As an American, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the European metal scene seems to be a little more patient. Once you've made a splash in America you either capitalize immediately or risk losing it. Maybe that's where his head's at.

Have the conservative Christians in the US been offended by Ghost yet?

Of course, that just made them more popular. Here in Chicago we have a heavy metal burger bar that names every burger after a metal band. Their Ghost burger from a few years back at a communion wafer on top and the Catholics in the city went apeshit.

Of course, that just made them more popular. Here in Chicago we have a heavy metal burger bar that names every burger after a metal band. Their Ghost burger from a few years back at a communion wafer on top and the Catholics in the city went apeshit.
:lol::lol::lol:
How did they find out? Is this burger bar a regular haunt of nuns after mass?

I suppose, on the one hand, offending the old guard adds to rebellious rock n roll appeal, but also it's mainly taking the pee out of the Catholic church, and going by the placards decrying various sins that keep getting waved around, Catholicism isn't entirely popular with conservative Christians either.

Catholicism isn't entirely popular with conservative Christians either.

Very true

When I was a teenager ... oh so many years ago ... a friend of mine had real bible thumper parents. Their church put out a newsletter that always included what evil bands are preying on young children. In pre-internet days, the only real way to find out about a lot of bands was word of mouth and a few magazines ... but we pretty much used that church newsletter as a "bands to check out" list ... prominent on that list was of course Number of the Beast.

They've broken into the US scene properly and have been courting American celebrity name dropping stuff. I'd be surprised if Tobias has much interest in Europe now.

It is an unusual position for a European band. Pretty sure Tobias is familiar with [the band] Europe and their mistakes about the US market... Some people say that they could have done as well as Bon Jovi (they certainly were in 1986) but they lost it all to piss-poor management. As in:

Once you've made a splash in America you either capitalize immediately or risk losing it. Maybe that's where his head's at.

Very true

When I was a teenager ... oh so many years ago ... a friend of mine had real bible thumper parents. Their church put out a newsletter that always included what evil bands are preying on young children. In pre-internet days, the only real way to find out about a lot of bands was word of mouth and a few magazines ... but we pretty much used that church newsletter as a "bands to check out" list ... prominent on that list was of course Number of the Beast.
That's a brilliant story. Holy Kerrang.

Back