Ghost

They are good, but I think nothing will ever be as good as their Here comes the sun and If you have ghost covers,they are just amazing.

This is some of the most quaint rock music I’ve heard in a long time. Very Alice Cooper. I can’t believe people find this satanic. Is it 1977 again?

Definitely some heavy Nightmare-era Alice on here... where you find a "heavy" artist doing pretty, sensitive stuff. I think Prequelle is a good record, but not a great one. I agree with what a couple of folks have said, in that it's missing another heavy rocker. I think the perfect place for that would be after Helvetesfonster. Just a big, epic, raging crusher, with a crazy solo-ing ending that fades out quieter and quieter until it fades into Life Eternal to close out the record. It's like I can almost actually hear what the song should be. That would make this one of the greats.
That being said, though, I love the first half of it... and honestly really like the second half. There's some beautiful work here... but ultimately, when you run through the whole thing at once, it feels to me like there's a gaping hole in the second half.

How representative is this of Ghost’s body of work?

Every album is different, yet it all has that Ghost feeling. Great hooks, great melodies. I would suggest you listen to them all, since there is only three of them before Prequelle, and they are quite short.

How representative is this of Ghost’s body of work?
I think Prequelle is different, sounds like a proper evolution, but it is also the most consistent and focused album since the debut. I feel like the two middle ones are a bit all over the place in terms of the concept. There's a ton of common elements across all records, so I think Prequelle is pretty representative (all of them are, in a sense), but it's definitely worth checking out the debut to see where they're coming from. Of course it's the best to give all albums a try. ;)

My ranking:
1. Prequelle
2. Meliora
3. Opus Eponymous
4. Infestissumam

Can’t stop listening to Dance macabre, damn that song is catchy. I do wish the singer would have a bit more omph in his voice though. At times the singing can be a bit too flowery.

I think Prequelle is different, sounds like a proper evolution, but it is also the most consistent and focused album since the debut. I feel like the two middle ones are a bit all over the place in terms of the concept. There's a ton of common elements across all records, so I think Prequelle is pretty representative (all of them are, in a sense), but it's definitely worth checking out the debut to see where they're coming from. Of course it's the best to give all albums a try. ;)

My ranking:
1. Prequelle
2. Meliora
3. Opus Eponymous
4. Infestissumam
You have a point. Prequelle flows well as a complete album. With the others I've always found I have to pick at songs I like and skip other tracks.

Can’t stop listening to Dance macabre, damn that song is catchy. I do wish the singer would have a bit more omph in his voice though. At times the singing can be a bit too flowery.
Probably one of the biggest complaints about Ghost, they're quite soft and fluffy, despite satanic and apocalyptic themes.

Looks like Adrian is a fan of Ghost!

[
fetch
SPOILER]

I do wish the singer would have a bit more omph in his voice though. At times the singing can be a bit too flowery.
Probably one of the biggest complaints about Ghost, they're quite soft and fluffy, despite satanic and apocalyptic themes.
I've always considered this contrast an integral part of their shtick. ;) And personally I dig the vocals 100%.

I'm curious if they'll add some variety in future. Forge used to growl when he was in Repugnant, so maybe he'll experiment at some point. I don't see it work in Ghost, but we'll see.

Indeed, the contrast between dark themes, lyrics and vocals is one of the things that makes Ghost amazing.

I certainly don’t think he should start growling or or doing any harsh type vocals. I just think a little more power in the voice wouldn’t hurt. There’s parts of songs when I listen to them I feel it needs a bit of Dio or Bruce power injected into the song.

Many North American tour dates:

Oct. 26 - Tulsa, OK - Cox Business Center Ballroom
Oct. 27 - Kansas City, MO - Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
Oct. 29 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
Oct. 30 - Indianapolis, IN - The Murat Theatre
Nov. 01 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
Nov. 02 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center - Theatre
Nov. 03 - Madison, WI - The Sylvee
Nov. 04 - Ames, IA - Stephens Auditorium
Nov. 06 - Omaha, NE - Orpheum Theater
Nov. 08 - Albuquerque, NM - Kiva Auditorium
Nov. 09 - El Paso, TX - Abraham Chavez Theatre
Nov. 10 - Phoenix, AZ - Comerica Theatre
Nov. 12 - San Diego, CA - Spreckels Theatre
Nov. 13 - Sacramento, CA - Sacramento Community Center Theater
Nov. 15 - San Jose, CA - City National Civic Center
Nov. 16 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Nov. 17 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
Nov. 19 - Midland, TX - Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center
Nov. 20 - Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall
Nov. 21 - New Orleans, LA - Orpheum Theatre
Nov. 23 - Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts - Walt Disney Theater
Nov. 24 - Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theater
Nov. 25 - Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
Nov. 27 - North Charleston, SC - North Charleston Performing Arts Center
Nov. 29 - Mobile, AL - Saenger Theatre
Nov. 30 - Atlanta, GA - Roxy Theatre
Dec. 01 - Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theatre
Dec. 02 - Charlotte, NC - Ovens Auditorium
Dec. 04 - Richmond, VA - Dominion Energy Center
Dec. 05 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
Dec. 07 - Laval, QC - Place Bell
Dec. 08 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
Dec. 10 - Baltimore, MD - The Hippodrome
Dec. 11 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theater
Dec. 13 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre
Dec. 14 - Boston, MA - Wang Theatre
Dec. 15 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center

Sucks they are not playing Dallas (or anywhere really that close). I want to see this tour, guess a road trip might be in my future.

Do Austin and Midland not count as close in US terms?

Not really .. I am defining close as I can drive to the show, see the show, and drive home the same night. Austin is about a 4 hour drive (depending on traffic) .. Midland is around 5 1/2 hours.

They did Houston already this year .. generally most bands will play Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio/Austin at a minimum ... those are the main population centers and each has venues from small clubs to large stadiums and about everything in between .. El Paso is pretty far away from anywhere else in the state but decent sized, sometimes a band will play mid sized places like Beaumont or Midland/Odessa.

Back