GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
If you play along that would probably make the game really interesting. I'd be super curious to get your takes.
Thank you very much indeed, but I don't really know a single song by them?
After Plovdiv, I tried to listen to their stuff on Youtube and quickly lost interest, the live experience was something entirely different.
Pairs of songs as in e.g. The Crusade of Epics I could do, but I'm totally incompetent for an albums survivor.

Thank you very much indeed, but I don't really know a single song by them?
After Plovdiv, I tried to listen to their stuff on Youtube and quickly lost interest, the live experience was something entirely different.
Pairs of songs as in e.g. The Crusade of Epics I could do, but I'm totally incompetent for an albums survivor.
I guess it also boils down to where you stand on power metal as a genre. My guess is that you'd like Primo Victoria and Attero Dominatus (the first two albums) best, but I think that the string of The Art of War - Coat of Arms - Carolus Rex is one of the best strings of albums ever and it's a shame they took what they had on those and started churning out simple repeats of their material since then.

I'm not gonna host DT again as I haven't liked anything they released since ADTOE. Also the DT Survivor was probably my favorite Survivor and I feel like the sequel wouldn't be as fun :p

I would definitely host a Rush-feredum, would be a good opportunity to get more into them. But not before Opeth is over.

I have a question: Have we ever had a game for the Best Chorus in a Maiden song? It would be cool.

... or Best Vocal performance of Bruce/Best Drumming in a song? And why not Best Melodies in a Maiden song too?

With Senjutsu now, I also would like to participate in a Best solo/s game.

Last edited:
“The Angel And The Gambler” vs. “Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger” for the ironic dark horse vote?

I can also imagine debate about whether certain songs even have a chorus, and if so, what it is…

Back