GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
My only experience with Katatonia was actually them opening for Opeth. I wasn’t impressed but also wouldn’t be against giving them another shot.
This is how I felt, too. I caught them on the Heritage tour and missed half their set, but I was in Opeth mode and just wanted to hear them. They were fine, I guess - but nothing blew me away.

I'm afraid it might interest just Knicks, in the end. Why, the thought came to mind because I was listening to Silverthorn this evening (while playing Dark Souls, no less - again, it's a great fit!) and I realised how even and well done the album is - I kept wondering about how would it end up in a public contest, what songs would be the preferred ones. Also, maybe across the albums as well: would Falling Like Fahrenheit beat Mindfall Remedy? And how about the second and the third track off that Bathory epic vs ... dunno, Veritas? I'm just wondering what the results would be, but maybe it's gonna be just me wondering in the end :D

Anyway, if other people wanted to participate, I'd be willing to host it (ha! I knew the day would come!) at any given time (that is, when the forum would manage another game).

Just came to mind - we're gonna have Opeth covered, autumn-wise, but as for the winter's chilly grasp - has anyone ever proposed a Kamelot Survivor? Would anyone else besides Knicks (because of course) be interested?
Actually, I would be even more interested in that. Who would pass up on a chance to listen to Roy's voice?

Last edited:
Just came to mind - we're gonna have Opeth covered, autumn-wise, but as for the winter's chilly grasp - has anyone ever proposed a Kamelot Survivor? Would anyone else besides Knicks (because of course) be interested?
I used to be a huge Kamelot fan but lost them out of sight when Khan left. The 4th Legacy is a masterpiece.

I used to be a huge Kamelot fan but lost them out of sight when Khan left. The 4th Legacy is a masterpiece.
Oddly, that's the one album I'm missing from the Khan years. Should be the only one. I have Karma, Epica, The Black Halo, Ghost Opera and Poetry for the Poisoned...

I love Kamelot from Fourth Legacy through to The Black Halo, but those last two albums with Khan are pretty bad. I’ll take the Tommy era any day over those records (or the first three records for that matter).

Apart from the first two, I love every Kamelot album. Yes, even Poetry (actually, the title track with the incredibly haunting performance by Simone and Hunter's Season are among my all time Kam favourites, full stop).
I admit that Siege and the last one are a bit spotty in places, but even then I find there a lot to like.

I realise that I might be alone in that regard, but it was this sentiment that gave me the game idea - I personally would have a hard time picking between the tracks, because I find the band really consistent ... and I'd be interested what would win in the end.

Hey, it’s been a few years since the last Sabaton survivor and we’re about to have two more albums than we had last time. Could we go and do them again when The War to End All Wars gets released? I think the turn out is usually pretty good when it comes to their games.

I hope that Gott is mit “Gott Mit Uns” again. We might have some bloodshed this time.

Hey, it’s been a few years since the last Sabaton survivor and we’re about to have two more albums than we had last time. Could we go and do them again when The War to End All Wars gets released? I think the turn out is usually pretty good when it comes to their games.
I'll think about it, if I finish Opeth by then, sure.

Well I'm a Sabaton survivor if that counts.
Saw them in Plovdiv, survived them, even enjoyed them immensely to my utter surprise.
Dunno if I'm the last Sabaton survivor though.

Well I'm a Sabaton survivor if that counts.
Saw them in Plovdiv, survived them, even enjoyed them immensely to my utter surprise.
Dunno if I'm the last Sabaton survivor though.
If you play along that would probably make the game really interesting. I'd be super curious to get your takes.

Back