GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
If it doesn´t start too soon, I might have some time to get me work into the wonderous world of Opeth. :)
But 13 studioalbums is quite alot and I only heard 2 of them.

It's a lot, but once you go black Opeth, you can't go back.

Also, considering that Kid hasn't voted but intends to participate, with you included it would mean there's only one other participant necessary. And I honestly doubt the Detective will let us down, amirite? (he liked that post of mine, so I'm expecting his vote "yes" above as well).

This is looking really good.

Oh, I also intend to update my Opeth on Maidenfans document - I haven't managed to include everything that happened since (the first edition was 11th September 2019), including all the comments from the Greatest metal album cup, but I still plan on doing it as soon as I'm going to be able.

So in case youse wanted to be reminded of what you thought about and said about Opeth in general, the particular albums or individual songs (primarily) in the previous Survivors and in the Opeth thread, categorised and summarised, please, may this be of use to you.

Quoting from the original post:
So, I finally finished the "MaidenFans on Opeth" project I mentioned in the previous post. So in case you wanted to re-listen to their discography (it’s September already!) and have comments regarding particular song or album ready at hand, you might use this. Yep, it’s 170 pages/88 067 words long and Word says I've been working on it for 992 minutes - that's 16 1/2 hours (I began on August 13th). I feel so fucking nerdy :D
EDIT: Okay, you can't upload Word docs, so I converted it into a PDF. If anyone wanted the original docx file feel free to write me a PM.

First there is some general discussion on the "autumness" of Opeth, seasons and music etc. Not that much related, but I wanted it there. Then there’s general Opeth discussion and various thoughts on the band in general, then the main section – the "commented discography" of sorts, organised according to the albums, first general album comments and then comments for every song, in rough chronological order (so you might even see the development of certain opinions, possibly?). Even live albums are included. In the end you get some more various thoughts on the bands, lists of top 5 songs etc. Oh, and concert reviews.

I wanted to keep everything substantial (and also a lot of stuff that isn’t), so I don’t think anything important is missing. When in doubt, I put it there. I also kept the initial reactions, anticipations etc. for PC, Sorc and ICV.

I’ve already spent way too much time on this, so please excuse any mistakes (for there are bound to be many), especially from the chronological point of view; I really have neither the time nor the energy to revisit all the threads again an correct it.

Attachments

• Opeth on Maidenfans.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 6
After popping on a few songs from Pale Communion and Ghost Reveries on a rainy afternoon, I've decided to participate. This is going to be interesting!

Already started on Orchid.... might get through Morningrise and Your Arms my Hearse today. We doing live stuff too? I have Lamentations, but that's it.

Okay, can I play from time to time in the early stages and commit to voting seriously once we get to the top 10 or 20 only? @JudasMyGuide, does that count?

I was just kidding, really, but if wanted to do this, that'd be great! It's really up to you, though. Anyway, the input of anyone will be really appreciated (and added to the MaidenFansOpeth document at a later time).

I participated in Opeth last time

I might have been mistaken, because the amount of your posts was deceptively smaller, at least compared with all the other graphomaniacs. At least it seemed so, when I was compiling it two years ago. Anyway, that's great, I hope youse all (Ariana included) realise I'm just taking the piss and being obnoxious and annoying on purpose. I'll shut up on that topic from now on, apart from the dedicated game thread, I promise!

I might have been mistaken, because the amount of your posts was deceptively smaller, at least compared with all the other graphomaniacs. At least it seemed so, when I was compiling it two years ago. Anyway, that's great, I hope youse all (Ariana included) realise I'm just taking the piss and being obnoxious and annoying on purpose. I'll shut up on that topic from now on, apart from the dedicated game thread, I promise!
Listening through mountains of Opeth stuff = no time left for posting. Also, the more I listened, the more I realised that things I don't enjoy as much about Opeth's music are actually the things I like a lot in Katatonia's music. Must be a different atmosphere they create.

Totally get that! I was also just playing along. But I'll try to listen to some Opeth anyway.

Back