GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Anybody up for some sort of genre survivors? Like say, NWOBHM, Black, Thrash bands, etc?
Yes, we’ve talked about this sort of thing before and I’m all for it. Maybe take five to ten essential albums from a genre and use those for a survivor game.

If I recall correctly we were going to do a GrungeVivor. But it would have been a very long survivor.

I've been suffering from Survivor Fatigue of late. We'e been doing these for years and not many have had particularly strong numbers of participants. Over the last year I haven't had the time for survivors and my interest has waned. There's all these ideas for new bands to get the survivor treatment, but I doubt any of them will get ten frequent participants. I don't know if any of you feel the same way about this but perhaps we could shelve survivors for a while and think of something else?

Yeah, my Tom Waits survivor has had such minimal participation that it’s hard to keep my interest in running it. I’d be open to fresh ideas.

One of the reasons we wanted to pull games to the front was to get more participation. But I have long said I would rather see other games in here.

So what can we think of that could replace the survivor format? The discography discussions are interesting and would like to see more of those but perhaps we can think of something entirely new to the forum?

So what can we think of that could replace the survivor format? The discography discussions are interesting and would like to see more of those but perhaps we can think of something entirely new to the forum?
Well there's always the Rankings threads, but since the Meaningless Polls forum has been shoved off to the side, I don't think they'll be as successful as before.

You can have the Rankings threads here, just not the endless games like Guess The Iron Maiden song or something like that.

Well, whatever we do, we should start it with Iron Maiden, obviously. That'll attract people.

I've put all of the links in this thread. Would it be too much to ask you to sticky it so that's it's handy?
Alright, will take care of it later. Rankings like this with multiple people contributing is fine, but "MaidenFan666555's Top 5 Maiden songs" will remain in Meaningless Polls or Shit Lists.

I too feel as though the survivors have been lacking. I think the problem has been the artists/bands that have been the issue. I'm personally not into Tom Waits, Steven Wilson or Alestorm. Heck I'm not even that interested in Iced Earth (don't kill me). The last survivor I really played was Sabaton, which started back in January of 2017.

The point is that I think survivors can be interesting again. I just think we should do more well known bands/artists around the forum. Ghost is a good place to start considering they have toured with Maiden. Everyone knows them pretty well.

But if there is another forum game someone comes up with, then I'm down.

I mean this in the nicest way, but I think Survivors have gotten too insular, they speak to the tastes of the small percentage of people who participate.

Back