Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't decide. At all.

I love Powerslave for the title track, I still think it's among Maiden's top 3. It's a really magnificent album overall too.
Seventh Son is also amazing, it's been my favorite for over a year.
Dance of death is overall weaker, but it has Paschendale. Cmon.
And finally TFF: it's too early for me to call it my favorite, but it's the first Maiden album I got when it was just released and it's amazing.

Maybe TNOTB belongs in there, it IS a monumental album.

Piece of Mind, as always. The first full album I heard from them and it has yet to be topped. It has had some stiff competition however.

The Final Frontier has 10 very strong songs, and I am so grateful they wrote this album.

AMOLAD and SIT are both near perfect.

So these are my favourite three, with TFF slightly ahead, standing on the shoulders of AMOLAD and SIT in a little pyramid shape. Hmm, pyramids...makes me think Powerslave should be in there somewhere too. 

Piece of Mind was the most played Maiden album in 2010... at least in my room. lol  :ok:  :shred:

Powerslave..No Doubt. Love everything about it. The egyptian themed album cover and booklet, the titletrack, the power and agression of the songs, the production, the musicality, the band firing on all cylinders, the best epic they've ever made, some of the best lyrics Steve ever wrote and (the tale goes) on and on and on .... :wub:

all Maiden albums are GODLY but i really am attatched to POWERSLAVE
why??
the answer: aces high, 2 minutes to midnight, and of course powerslave itself

It's not a yearly thing, the last one was done in 2007 or 2008 if I remember correctly.  The 2010 one was started, obviously, to include The Final Frontier.

Somewhere in Time for me.  I'd heard Maiden before but that's when they clicked with me.  It was Wasted Years that sucked me in.  :edmetal:

Oh and hi, I'm new.

I'm choosing The Final Frontier.

When I first heard El Dorado, I thought this album would suck, but I'm glad I didn't judge it just by one song.

Hey be nice to El Dorado.

:eek:fftopic: Forrest Gump, Best movie EVER.
More offtopic, Dan has 0 posts. Does this forum not count toward your post count?

Powerslave. Mainly for ROTAM which may be the best song about mis-adventures at sea ever written, however, there is not one poor song on it.

Invader said:
It's not a yearly thing, the last one was done in 2007 or 2008 if I remember correctly.  The 2010 one was started, obviously, to include The Final Frontier.
Ah ok, but a new one would be interesting. A few people would have voted TFF as soon as it came out, but it may have ended up lower on their list. I bet if we redid the poll it wouldn't be so high.

Somewhere In Time

At the moment  :p Seventh Son is also a favorite!

labels=1

labels=1

Back