Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhere In Time - a masterpiece (except for the lyrics of Alexander The Great). Followed closely by SSOASS (The simplicity of Can I Play With Madness and the vocal melodies of the title track let it down a bit) and Piece Of Mind (which would be my 2nd favourite if it didn't have Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel).

7thRunner said:
Somewhere In Time - a masterpiece (except for the lyrics of Alexander The Great). Followed closely by SSOASS (The simplicity of Can I Play With Madness and the vocal melodies of the title track let it down a bit) and Piece Of Mind (which would be my 2nd favourite if it didn't have Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel).

I find Piece of Mind to be one of the most inconsistent Maiden records - moments of pure bliss like Still Life, The Trooper, and Where Eagles Dare - and then the tracks you mentioned, as well as Die With Your Boots on (great verses, don't care for chorus or lyrics.)

I think Brave New World captured the pinacle of the return with Smith and Dickinson back on board, it was a truly amazing album and production wise never thought they sounded so good as on that album. But I am fickle and went with The Final Frontier based on Where The Wild Wind Blows and Mother of Mercy, two amazing songs.

TFF. I never thought any album could overtake my previous favourite, POM, but I was extremely surprised that TFF would take this top spot.

Its one of these 4 for me

SIT
SSOASS
TFF
BNW
AMOLAD

At this moment in time i will have to go with SIT. Love the production on this one.

Play Classics! said:
Still The X Factor, probably always will be.

Im surprised. I figured you would have hated the x factor because its much more similar to new maiden than old.

I have to go with Somewhere in Time. I enjoy every song on this album thoroughly, and I honestly can't spot a weakness in any of the song writing.

This is followed by Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Iron Maiden, and The Number of the Beast.

Powerslave, it's been my favourite for some time now. I just think that it is a very consistant record, and even the weakest track (Back in the Village IMO) is very listenable. Some of the best guitar work on here too.

SIT is probably their next most consistant album for me, with only one track (Heaven Can Wait) which I sometimes am reluctant to listen to.

NOTB is fantastic  throughout... although I cannot find a weak point on it, I do prefer the other two a little bit more.

POM is very good, although Sun and Steel and Quest for Fire are very weak for me. Good songs which I enjoy listening to, no doubt, but when we are comparing the very best songs from Maiden they fall way behind.

SSOASS has no track I inherently dislike, but I do find some of them more enjoyable if I listen to it all the way through, one after the other. 

The Final Frontier is the best since SSOASS, and very consistant IMO, definately up there with the Golden Era albums (for me). Right now it is probably my 3rd favourite album.

Everything from the eponymous debut to SSOASS is closer to perfect than most bands will come to with just one album in a lifetime, in my humble opinion.

I always waver when I even try to think what my "favorite" is, because it becomes an immediate inner battle... the contenders include Iron Maiden, Killers, TNOTB, BNW, DOD, AMOLAD, and TFF. AMOLAD gets the nod (today, anyway) for the fact that from beginning to end it's the most consistent of the contenders. Some of the others may have greater moments, but lack the consistency...

Somewhere In Time, for me it is the perfect Maiden album in every way as every song is flawless. The Guitar work is immaculate, jam packed with unforgettable riffs and the solos/melody lines are just beautiful, Both the vocals and drums are excellent and the whole album sounds IMO.... Epic 10/10.

Back