Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a tough decision between Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Brave New World for me. SSoaSS has a very unique style and is very consistent and does not have a bad track on it. It has so many good factors that it was almost a sin for me to choose BNW over SSoaSS. Brave New World won over because I think it is better than a lot of their older albums and most of my favorite songs on it. The only track I do not like that much on Brave New World is the Fallen Angel, but other than that all the songs are masterpieces. The album also got me to read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World which is now my favorite book. All in all, Brave New World is my favorite album.

I've voted for "The Number of the Beast", it was a hard choice, but in the end I just had to go for it. It's brilliant in pretty much every way, the quality of the songs is second to none.

The lyrics are pure genius on every track, Gangland being the only exception :p, the music as a whole is amazing and the singing, well it's the best the world has ever seen.

With tracks such as "Children of the Damned", "The Prisoner" and "Hallowed be Thy Name" it really proves it's self as the best album not only of Iron Maiden, but in my opinion, the best in the world.​

To me it's brave new world. This album combines the heavyness of Powerslave with some of their best melodies and solos.

Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Brave New World, A Matter of Life and Death, and The Final Frontier are perfect front-to-back.

Emotionally, it comes down to Seventh Son, Brave New World, and A Matter of Life and Death. I have to be in a mood to listen to AMOLAD, so I'll rule that out. So between SSOASS and BNW. . .

Seventh Son. By a hair.

First post here...been a maiden fan since the early 80's. I have to say...as much as I love the early records...excuse me...albums...excuse me...CDs...whatever...when Bruce came on board and they released NOB they had really stepped up their game. But with that said...I'll never forget being in 8th grade and my buddy brought in the new somewhere in time album...it just sounded like maiden had truly refined their sound...sorta like when metallica did the same thing with their black album 5 years later. To this day when I hear the opening riff to wasted years, I get goose bumps....and stranger in a strange land is, to me, so cool and heavy, it just blows my mind. And those are the singles!
I'm a bit of an old fart these days and have not listened to some of the newer stuff...which I probably should...but when talking about those first ten years, SIT just did it for me. NOB and of course Live After Death close second.

Quick question - how many people voted for the album that really got them hooked? Which would have been Live After Death for me - but since no live albums Seventh Son it is!

My vote goes out to Brave New World because all the songs on it are increadible. They really showed the world what they could do with the the new 3 guitarist line up and the reborn mentality. Bruce returns with a vengeance and along with Adrian saves Iron Maiden and together they create an album better than anything they have ever done

Choosing Dance of Death because of many reasons
ill review all songs out of 10
-Wildest dreams 9/10
-Rainmaker- 10/10
-No more lies 10/10
-Montsegur- 9/10
-Dance of death 10/10
-Gates of Tomorrow 7/10
-New Frontier 10/10
-Pashcendale 10/10
-Face in the Sand 10/10
-Age of innocence 10/10
-Journeyman 10/10
should be a 9.6
Gates of Tomorrow FTL!

If they swapped Dance of Death with New Frontier in the track order, I could happily say that DoD has one of the most solid second side's I've seen. I do like New Frontier, but Dance of Death is superior in every way.

I don't get that either. Not a favourite, but there's nothing wrong with it.
Think it's too mainstream 80s metal for the lot of the board.

It's just a song I'm not fond of. I like the pre chorus though. It's a good idea musically, but it doesn't work for me.

Powerslave. Nothing touches it. Maybe the best album ever. It is perfection. The height of their career. ROTAM is truly magical.

Seventh Son is an admirable runner-up.

Seventh Son, lately.
In fact, there are four albums that I like slightly more than the others - SIT, SSOASS, AMOLAD and TFF. These four constantly change places but my favourite album would be one of these, for sure.

Back