Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't believe only 5 ppl including me voted for number of the beast, 22 acacia avenue, prisoner, halloweed be thy name, number of the beast and run to the hills!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 acacia avenue is my favorite maiden song

Seventh Son is, and will forever be the best Maiden album.

Somewhere in Time, Powerslave, Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast come a close 2nd place  :bigsmile:

Can't understand the love for X Factor here... seriously?!

Teddie said:
Seventh Son is, and will forever be the best Maiden album.

Somewhere in Time, Powerslave, Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast come a close 2nd place  :bigsmile:
Do you like anything besides those 5 albums?

Stallion Duck said:
Do you like anything besides those 5 albums?

Not particularly, no.

I quite like Brave New World, got some brilliant songs on that. Dance of Death is okay, but the mixing sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom and mastered into a 64kbps MP3 format.

Don't really mind the first two Di'Anno albums, but couldn't quite warm to him. He's a filthy benefits cheat anyway.

:ninja:

Well, gotta say that is Piece of Mind, it has the best song for me wich is Revelations. I Love the Somewhere in Time album and BNW, but POM was released when I think Maiden had their best years, they still rock, more than any other band.

Also Piece of Mind was the first album I heard with I think 4 years old and since I heard this masterpiece, just couldn't stop listening to Maiden, just can't get tired of listening to Flight of Icarus, revelations and The Trooper.

UP THE IRONS!  :edmetal:

Depends on my mood but most of the time I would go with Powerslave just because it includes so much of maidens greatest tracks. Behind that is AMOLAD.

It definitely has to be one of the golden years albums and not the later sen. Cit. albums.
Powerslave gets my vote.

powerslave though i love all of the albums up to 7th son, hated the next 2 albums (npftd and fotd) so much i took a 15 year break from maiden, got death on the road , liked it , then got amolad and loved it very much, then i got everything from maiden i could (i already had the minivinyl versions of the first six albums ) presently i have hard copies of Every thing released on CD except no more lies and wasting love, i have mp3s of the digital and vinyl only material such as the trooper reissue (another life and murders in the rue morgue) and differant world from alborg.
going back through my lost years i found that i really enjoy the xfactor (mostly because its more metal than its previous 2 studio albums)
though the bruce versions of these songs are a little better. love bnw, dod, especially RiR

Just because "Seventh Son" is my 'top' pick, there are other Maiden albums that I love just as dearly.
I would just as soon take 'Somewhere In Time' or their first album with me, if only one album could go with, as I would 7th Son. (or 'Dance', or 'A Matter...)

I just praise GOD that He has let them continue giving us album after album of great music.  :D

I WAS going to say Brave New World as it's been my favourite album by Maiden as long as I can remember, but giving DoD a solid relisten last night and write up has... well, thrown things out of balance. However, if I put BNW on I'm sure it'll solidfy it's position again, it's one of those that can give goosebumps hearing it... no idea why!

Damnit, now I gotta change my playlist.

Back