Favorite Current Iron Maiden Lead Guitarist

Who is your favourite current Iron Maiden lead guitarist?

• Dave Murray

Votes: 51 39.5%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Janick Gers

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let you guys guess which one I voted for! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I voted for i cant choose

all these yrs its been an instand dave murray by far but its joint now...between dave murray and adrian smith both r joint i cannot choose!

I've gotta say Dave on this one, he plays very controlled and passionate, and shreds with insanely awesome power at the same time [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Everybody loves Dave..

[!--QuoteBegin-Valerus+Aug 6 2005, 05:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Valerus @ Aug 6 2005, 05:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Murray.
[snapback]114213[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That really explains why you voted for him doesn't it.

[!--QuoteBegin-dreamofmirrors+Sep 9 2005, 05:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dreamofmirrors @ Sep 9 2005, 05:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]JANICK GERS
[/quote]

That really explains why there are so many "votes from dumb arseholes who couldn't explain why they voted the way they did"! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

1. Adrian Smith
2. Dave Murray
3. Janick Gers (whom I share a birthday with)

Adrian's solos are amazing and he has his own style of guitar playing. He is also an amazing vocalist and has the best guitar face of all time.

When it comes to entertainment, Janick is the winner, he dances like no other, I worship his spinning on one leg while playing guitar.

I couldn't choose. But upon buying the 2003 'Visions of the Beast' dvd recently, I noticed that Janick is the king of windmills!

I like dave. His sound's real awesome but H and Jan's sounds......well they're all excellent guitarplayers and their styles are very awesome but i like dave best.

I voted for Davey, his playing is what attracted me to maiden when I first heard them, his solo on the trooper blew my brains out

[!--QuoteBegin-Paschendale_CRO+Dec 18 2005, 03:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paschendale_CRO @ Dec 18 2005, 03:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Dave and Arian for the way they are playing, and Janick for the show. They are all great, if you like maiden, you must like them all.
[snapback]125397[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Is he the white supremist in the group?

I think Dave Murray is the best Maiden lead guitarist because his finger speed is fantastic to watch and listen to, he also has great solo's, he also has an amazing duel with Adrian Smith in The Trooper.

Good guitarist plus he wrote my favorite Maiden song Stranger in a Strange Land

i voted for H, but If there were an option i would have voted for Dave and H

why did i vote for H? because i prefer him to dave, but as i said if i could vote for dave and H, i would have as well.

I think they´re all great and I love them all the same... like the rest of the band

Adrian.

Being a guitarist I admire and am totally jealous of them all....I can make noises that sound like Jan and Dave but I cant get anywhere near the notes H plays....He seems to get more feel or emotion into his solos..

My fave solo being his one on Sea of Maddness.....feck...thats just incredable... ::

I voted for Adrian. I feel Adrian puts forth a lot of emotion and thought in his solos, for example Stranger In A Strange Land. I find when I listen to Stranger In A Strange Land the solo always tends to send shivers down my spine from the way he works the frets at the beginning... then soon after he explodes and picks up the beat, using hammer-ons and pull-offs, and from start to finish it amazes me. Dave may have the speed, the smooth way of technique, but H's material just touches me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back