Favorite Current Iron Maiden Lead Guitarist

Who is your favourite current Iron Maiden lead guitarist?

• Dave Murray

Votes: 51 39.5%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Janick Gers

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
although i voted for Adrian cuz he is a Guiitar Hero :) i love janicks superb solo's especially in the song Holy Smoke absolutely fantastic.

Hmm, it seems I do not care for their musical qualities, they are all skilled, that is why they are in IM, right?
1. Dave - shiny kind face - this is the only one I'd like to meet personally (well, I do not know what would I said to him, probably something stupid, but anyway :)
2. Janick - showman, I believe he targeted specifically me when he was throwing a pick to the crowd :) Probably not, but you know, it is a nice thought :)
3. Adrian - oh yes, ended third, I do not know why. I hope no Adrian's worshiper is near :)

Belenor said:
3. Adrian - oh yes, ended third, I do not know why. I hope no Adrian's worshiper is near :)

Ah, they are not to be feared you know... The Church of Murray can protect you! We'll hide you in a special place... They'll never find you.  :p

Edit: I forgot to vote. I'll vote Davey. You all know why!  :yey:

Always has been and always will be H for me. From his early work on TNOTB  -  22 Acacia Avenue, The Prisoner, his pinnacle SIT, to AMOLAD his writing and solos have always stood him apart IMO. I think he was sorely missed when he left the band and helped breathe new life when he returned with Bruce.

Adrian for me.... But its hard to not like any of them really!

ps: My first post on here , hello fellow maidenheads!

Damn...here I am, torn between H and Davey....

I would have to say H. It's so hard to choose! H's solos more thought out and never sloppy. But when you listen to Flash of the Blade *I am now!* it just takes me away!  :wub: Damnit! How can anyone do that???

My vote is for H.
Davey is 2nd

Adrian Smith is user-friendly.
Adrian Smith comes with an alternative guitar form.
Adrian Smith is the only known guitarist to survive the Killing Curse.
Adrian Smith can do cartwheels using only his big toe and a pick.
Adrian Smith is supersonic.
Adrian Smith goes to eleven.
Adrian Smith once sold the rights for his toy to Hasbro and the factory in China exploded with his plastic molded awesome.
Adrian Smith once killed a a divine being with a pair of dice and three aces, thus inspiring Steve Harris to write "The Angel and the Gambler".
Adrian Smith would play football, but no ball can survive when it meets his foot.
Adrian Smith would have a better Adrian Smith statement than this.
Adrian Smith once learned ninjitsu when a Japanese fangirl blew a kiss at him.
Adrian Smith is capable of clearcutting an entire acre of rainforest with a single second of shredding.
Adrian Smith was the inspiration for Power Rangers - that is, a massive man in a robot suit running around and knocking over buildings.
Adrian Smith is Godzilla's only fear.
Adrian Smith is tired of pollution - consequently, his cars now run on guitar solos.
Adrian Smith was asked to lead the cavalry at Agincourt - his refusal led directly to the British victory there.
In 1907, Adrian Smith was rendered into pocket knife form.  The resulting multitool was forty feet long and weight six hundred tonnes.
Adrian Smith is a partner in bankruptcy and receivership - his collateral is raw awesome.
Adrian Smith accidentally sank the Titanic when surfing icebergs across the Atlantic.

I voted for Dave because he's my favorite guitarist in Iron Maiden

Now, if you were to ask me who I thought was the BEST guitarist.... ::)

Adrian Smith doesn't need a fucking silver stag to beat a group of gothic skeletons
If Adrian Smith had been in Lord of the Rings, the book would have been much shorter - Adrian Smith doesn't need a volcano to destroy some jewellery.
Adrian Smith was stunt double for all the Die Hard, Rambo and Arnie flicks.
Adrian Smith split the atom with a plectrum.
Adrian Smith is your father.
Adrian Smith can run faster than Forest can
Adrian Smith is best served chilled
Adrian Smith can fend off a giant octopus with a paper clip
Adrian Smith has got something to say - he killed your baby today.
Adrian Smith...what went on in his head?  Adrian Smith...did he dance with the dead?

Powergirl81 said:
Damn...here I am, torn between H and Davey....

I would have to say H. It's so hard to choose! H's solos more thought out and never sloppy. But when you listen to Flash of the Blade *I am now!* it just takes me away!  :wub: Damnit! How can anyone do that???

My vote is for H.
Davey is 2nd

Ditto!
Adrian gets my vote.  Whatever happened to Melvin the alter ego?

char_da_harlot said:
Ditto!
Adrian gets my vote.  Whatever happened to Melvin the alter ego?

OMG!! Melvin! I remember him talking about it on the Early Days DVD! It was during the making of POM in 1983, cuz their studio was in the Bahamas, and they could go to the bar in their "jimjams" as Bruce said, at like 10AM! Or was it Jersey? I forget

Didn't they all have alter egos? LOL I bet H was hilarious as hell drunk.. :wub:
Aren't we all though? Hilarious and stupid? :blush:

Powergirl81 said:
OMG!! Melvin! I remember him talking about it on the Early Days DVD! It was during the making of POM in 1983, cuz their studio was in the Bahamas, and they could go to the bar in their "jimjams" as Bruce said, at like 10AM! Or was it Jersey? I forget

Didn't they all have alter egos? LOL I bet H was hilarious as hell drunk.. :wub:
Aren't we all though? Hilarious and stupid? :blush:

Did they ALL have alter egos?  I just remember H.  School me P-Girl.....

What part in the Early Days DVD did they talk about this occurrence?

*Disk 2* (Disk 1 has the 3 concerts on it) At the beginning, all 5 talk about how far the band has come, cuz it was made in 2003...then they start at the beginning. Harris talks about how he wnated to be a drummer, but his gran bought him a bass insead, or something like that...*getting the DVD*

Steve and Dave talk about how the band began, and ALL these former members talk about the beginnings, then Paul, then Clive...after Dennis Stratton left, H comes in. Then Bruce. Then they talk about the NOB tour, and Clive leaves. Enter Nicko McBrain. They talk about Piece Of Mind, and they started recording on the Channel Islands of New Jersey. Then they went to the Bahamas, and I *believe* that's where Bruce mentions about going to the bar in your "jimjams." OK, maybe I was wrong to say it was mentioned on that DVD, but I have seen it somewhere! *Help!*

Hope that helps a little more char  ;)

Dave. His playing is simply amazing! He makes it look so easy with his smooth, fluid style of playing.

Kauha-Apina said:
A though question. They're all great, but I would have to say Janick Gers. His solos are best in my opinion, because he doesn't always fill his solo's with the fast legatos and such. They're more "harmonic" or something.
For example the first solo of Fear of the Dark. That's just awesome

Well, agree on the first statement ... they are all top class. I'm not that good at recognizing the individual styles of each of them when it comes to rythm parts or riffs, but for the soloing even I can hear that these three have distinct playing styles and different skills.

If I should choose my favourite of the three as a guitarist only and not take songwriting into account, I would go for mr. Murray, simply because I find his soloing very nice. He has this ability to play rather fast while still staying very melodic. As for Janick he seems to be a bit too focused on speed (according to my taste, of course), but he has some cool solos. I'm not too keen on his interpretations of Adrian's solos, though.

Adrian Smith, who is said to be larger than me (which is correct as I am only 1,68 m tall), also has many great solos, and on another day he might grab the title, but today I say Dave Murray.

Dave, though they are ALL fantastic guitarsits without a shadow of a doubt, Janick Gers is extremely underated as to his guitar abilities (his solo on Dance Of Death is AMAZING!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back