Favorite Current Iron Maiden Lead Guitarist

Who is your favourite current Iron Maiden lead guitarist?

• Dave Murray

Votes: 51 39.5%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Janick Gers

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Smith composes his solos, but Dave Murray just has this nice legato sound all over...
My vote goes out to Dave Murray, but only just.

Wait, that dosent sound right.
Dave improvises all of his solos? And then he learns to play them from hearing the recording?
doesn't sound right to me.

Based on songwriting: H.
Based on solos: usually Dave.

If Maiden fired Dave, would I still listen to them? Probably.
When Adrian left, did I still listen to Maiden? Not really.

I THINK I'll go with Adrian. But I'll have to think about this first. I've loved Dave for years and recently fell in love with Adrian. Hmmm. My mind will explode.

I voted Adrian. He can do more with one note than Janick can do with 50. He is an awesome songwriter, and his solos have a certain quality that no one else has or can even imitate.

I like Dave and Adrian but Dave's solos are too repetitive and "loopy" if you know what I mean. Adrian has a real "rock n roll" sound to his solos that I like.

They are all great artists, and all bring something special to Iron Maiden.

My roommate is a huge defender of Dave Murray, and I'll admit, everything that man plays is so smooth it hurts, but he's not my favorite composer.

Janick has a lot of energy and has composed some killer songs in his time. He catches a lot of flack, but he's a pro and an entertainer. I can't stand when people get huffy about his karate guitar when there's a 10 foot zombie walking around on stage. This is a rock show, have some fun, damnit.

Adrian Smith is on another level. He doesn't move so much, but he makes up for it in every other way possible. First off, he's the only one besides Bruce who can sing in the band (Sorry 'Arry, I know you try), he has in general always been the best composer of the lead guitarists, and his guitar solos are a giant phallus that lords over the other solos so epically. Let's think about it, in general upon first listen you can tell which guy is soloing, but when it's Adrian, you know IMMEDIATELY that it's Adrian. And that's why he's my fave.

im going to have to choose Janick purely because i like his solo's and how fast and shredding they are.. he may not play the same solo twice but he is still an awesome guitarist  :shred:

I am constantly changing my mind between dave and H but after listening to TFF, i am currently swaying towards H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back