DRUNK POSTING

I had a whole bottle of mead yesterday but I was already sober again an hour later. :(

I don't even remember posting that, I was downing Alabama Slammers like there was no tomorrow.

Does anyone feel like they have 2 sides when judging the New Music? Like one side is the one that gets an emotional response and just likes it, the pleasant melodies, the cool parts, but understand that it is just a thing you dig not universally liked, necessarily. And the toher part, that is trying to think according to what the as best known universal fandom standards are .. I mean we are all influenced. I have had some pretty epic moments .. maybe will do Parchment and Hour again. But maybe I will clear my mind with the Seventh Son. Like when you eat the ginger between different kinds of fish sushi. Cause that one is a constant. No matter what happens to the world. Unfortunately I have heard the new stuff only plus minus three times, cause I want to be left alone and have peace. My expectation is that it will become as awesome in my head as so so SO SO much stuff that the boys made. Happy feels to all, we are bros. Bloody.

Y'all motherfuckers need to up your 'Drunk Posting' game. I'm rarely posting these days and need someone else to pick up the slack.

Yet here I am

Some floozy at the bar wanted my D for my sweet karaoke skills but I wasn't about that

Time to rustle some Jimmies:

The best Opeth song: Windowpane

The best Sabaton song: Panzer Battalion

The best Nightwish song: My Walden

That's the last I'll speak about any of the previous bands.
Not really, but I like the dramatic effect.

But in all seriousness, I really don't give much of a shit about any of the bands I just mentioned, so use that information however you will.

Time to rustle some Jimmies:
I'm not drunk (yet), but I'll play.

The best Opeth song: Windowpane
I can see a case being made for this. Tied for my favorite from Damnation (with Hope Leaves), it's a great tune. But Opeth is so multifaceted that I don't think it's possible to pick their "best" song. My overall favorite is Blackwater Park, but that's less... faceted of a choice.

The best Sabaton song: Panzer Battalion
While it is my fantasy football team's name, this is a hard disagree. It's not even the best from that album - Wolfpack is.

The best Nightwish song: My Walden
Yep, you're drunk.

I shall not pretend to understand this. lol I did a brief search and found they are a Canadian power metal band. Should I wait to give them a listen till when I've had a few pints?

I think they get lumped in as power metal because people don't categorize newer bands as just plain "heavy metal".

They're good, but start with their fourth album. Their first two are very grindcore and it's not representative of the current direction of the band.

Reactions: Nyx
Thanks! Then so it shall be done, something from the fourth album is going on next weekend :cheers: Any recommendations for first listens?

Back