Dream Theater

No I didn't. I'll go do that right now.
I never think much of a review, but here is what I thought:

1: I really want to hear Bridges in the Sky
2: It sounds like the tradition of weak second tracks will continue with BMUBMD. (Another Day,Caught In a Web, Answer Lies Within, Forsaken, Rite of Passage)

Just my 2 cents.

Well I think all of those tracks are good songs, albeit some of the weakest on the album. Another Day is amazing however, and in my DT top 20 (as is everything from I&W :p).
Outcry sounds pretty interesting too, with the symphonic intro.

Oh I missed the outcry review. Symphonic intro?!?  :yey:
I don't really like any of those songs. Another Day has a good guitar solo. The saxophone ruins it for me, I don't like saxophone solos in rock music. I don't know why, too 80's esque I guess. (And this is coming from a Sax player) All of the Pink Floyd sax solos are brilliant though.

Mosh said:
2: It sounds like the tradition of weak second tracks will continue with BMUBMD. (Another Day,Caught In a Web, Answer Lies Within, Forsaken, Rite of Passage)
I'm a big fan of 'Caught in a Web' and 'Rite of Passage'. :p

I never liked Another Day. But I liked Rite of Passage when I saw it live, but when I got the album, it wasn't that good.

Just ordered SFAM and Score!  :yey: That ought to hold me over until the new album.

I know! I saw it at the record store and passed in favor of Chemical Wedding (which I had been looking for ages for.) I've been looking everywhere for it since I heard about it's greatness, and decided to just order it along with Score.

Also, I have a question. The "Making The Train of Thought" doc I read about on Wikipedia, where is it from? A DVD, or special edition of TOT? I want to know so that if it is part of a special version of TOT I'll know to get that version instead of the regular.

Apparently Budokan is coming to Blu-Ray on October 17th. I'm really glad I haven't bought it yet. But too bad it comes out after my birthday.  <_<

DREAM THEATER is planning to embark on a massive world tour, where they will play selections from "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", as well as classic, staples and fan favorites. Labelmates TRIVIUM will appear on many dates, supporting their new album, "In Waves".

"We are all very pumped about the release of 'A Dramatic Turn Of Events' this September, as well as the world tour we'll embark upon in support of the album," said Petrucci. "Our first leg will bring us throughout North America where we'll showcase songs from the new album along with tons of fan favorites and a brand new tour production unlike any other that we've done before. We're equally excited to have our friends in TRIVIUM join us. It's sure to be an incredible tour. We're looking forward to seeing all of our friends on the road this fall!"

The initial confirmed run of dates is below, with more to be announced imminently.

Sep. 24 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
Sep. 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Nokia Theater
Sep. 27 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SODO
Sep. 28 - Vancouver, BC - Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Oct. 03 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre (no TRIVIUM)
Oct. 04 - Pittsburgh, PA - Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
Oct. 06 - Toronto, ON - Massey Hall
Oct. 07 - Montreal, QC - Place des Arts
Oct. 08 - Quebec City, QC - Pavilion de la Jeunesse
Oct. 10 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
Oct. 11 - Morristown, NJ - Mayo Performing Arts Center
Oct. 12 - New York, NY - Beacon Theatre
Oct. 22 - Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall (no TRIVIUM)
Oct. 25 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
Oct. 26 - Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall

Hopefully if they come to Denver it will be on another leg. Because if it is on that one, I can't go. :(

Why not? You can't go downtown?

Seems like the kind of venues they played on the 2009 tour, and the concert then was at some performing arts theater downtown.

I'd see them again there anytime. Intimate venue. I had a nosebleeds ticket, one of the few bad seats ... but the floor didn't sell out, so an usher came by: "You guys with the worst seats, here's some floor seats courtesy of Dream Theater." Wound up 13th row right in front of Petrucci.

It's more of a price thing, I'm seeing Judas Priest in October already. Is the performing arts theater the one with the two dancing statues? If it's downtown it might not be as hard to go. I thought they'd be playing 1st Bank Arena or Comfort Dental. I'll just have to wait and see where they are playing at.

Damn. I'm gutted that Dream Theater won't be playing in Glasgow on October 11th. That's what they've been done the two previous album tours. Hopefully Trivium won't be with them in the UK when they come over here. I guess that more dates will be announced soon.

Prediction: Tesseract will support Dream Theater on the UK tour.

Back