1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Discussion in 'Virtual XI' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

9.1%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

12.1%
  4. 7

9.1%
  5. 6

24.2%
  6. 5

27.3%
  7. 4

6.1%
  8. 3

6.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

6.1%
  1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Same here.

2. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

I give this one a 5/10, a middle of the road track.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

First time I heard this song I thought it was on repeat, but it was only the first listening :) Maiden's most repetitive song, but not so bad. 6/10.

4. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

I don't think the repetition is all that bad. It's a good song, even if you notice Blaze's limits here and there (during parts of the verses). Perhaps not a forgotten diamond, but a gem nevertheless. 8/10.

frus likes this.
  5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Solid song, a 7.

6. 7. Good song. I would give it a higher rating if there was not so much repetition. I really like the instrumental part near the end.

7. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

8/10. I love the lead guitars.

8. maidenpriest

maidenpriest Trooper

In the old days when using cassette, i would slightly speed up the guitar solos at the end it made it so much better in my opinion :)

9. Ranko

Ranko I'll shoot the gunner first!

I listened to VXI recently after a very (very!) long while, and the whole repetitive instrumental section in this song was just comical. It reminded me of those Benny Hill sequences where people chase each other in fast motion. Then I pictured clowns chasing each other in fast motion and I couldn't stop laughing.

10. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I'm confused, maybe I didn't hear you correctly...you want me to look to the eyes of a stranger, right? Maybe you should tell me one more time.

I would've given this a 3, but that Super Nintendo unison battle and solo section is just spectacular.

11. Eric Wright

Eric Wright Nomad

Steve Harris taught me to not take candy from shady men and come into their van. Thank you Steve, I don't know what my childhood would have been like without this song.

soundwave likes this.
  12. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

13. Lempface

Lempface The Guide

Love this song! 10/10. For some reason, Maiden's repetition never seems to bother me, and I could listen to the guitar tone on this song for days. Also Janick and Dave's solos in this are maybe my favorite pairing in any Maiden song. I really like Blaze on this song too, sounds great during the build up.

14. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

The drums during the fast section are so bad they get funny.I would say it's got some nice melodies.However the repetition is only doing things worse.Yet another "epic" that made me feel uncomfortable for Steve.

15. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Uncomfortable for Steve? That sounds very odd to me. Are you taking the music personally? :eek:

16. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

Well, I kind of did...back then.But didn't we all do that at some point in our lives?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  17. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

This song isn't good. The verse melody is quite good but then the chorus is boring to my ears and it doesn't get better by the synths and the bad production. Then comes the repetition which seems to never end. The instrumental section can't save the song this time around either as is sounds uninspired. The only good thing in the instrumental section is Daves solo, it's quite cool! But overall not a good song.

4/10

18. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

I like this song very much. Fast part after clean is AMAZING!
    And this song is full of guitar ''tricks''.
    10/10

You can see my cover of this song!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  19. Liveone

Liveone Nomad

9/10....
    Great song with some excellent melodies and time changes.

20. Kashmir75

Kashmir75 Prowler

Underrated song. Interesting new idea in the instrumental section near the end, which doesn't sound like anything Maiden did before (or since). 8 out of 10 from me