Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Discussion in 'Virtual XI' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

7.8%
  2. 9

7.8%
  3. 8

7.8%
  4. 7

11.8%
  5. 6

19.6%
  6. 5

19.6%
  7. 4

9.8%
  8. 3

3.9%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

9.8%
  1. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

So atmospheric, so frantic, a song that puts you right there in the narrator’s shoes and I love it so much. It’s a 9/10 for me, verging right on a 10/10.

Number 6 likes this.
  2. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Maiden's worst song.

Jer likes this.
  3. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

I think a handful of them are worse than this one, but this one's definitely circling the drain.

4. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 The island where the souls of dead are reborn

My "guilty pleasure" song by Maiden. Possibly even my favorite on the album. 9/10.

Number 6 and Diesel 11 like this.
  5. chaosapiant

chaosapiant Ancient Marinade

The bestworst part of this song is the "St Anger Muppet" drums that kick in during the "fast" parts. It sounds like Steve is drumming on two drums with one hand.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

A symphonic opening leads to a cool guitar bit before we get the vocals. This song really succeeds at building atmosphere. There's tension, there's suspense, it's great. The frantic bit throws you right in the action and while the middle part has the most repetitive lyrics in any Maiden song, it only makes the song better. And then the solo section! This song has its weaknesses, yes, but it's also really great at the same stroke. 9

7. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

I really love this song ! It has an amazing melancholic intro (fantastic!), great riff/rhythm and even better twin-lead guitar harmonies, awesome chorus and after the repetition of the chorus (I don't find that annoying) the song really goes crazy - this part is amazing, so fast, brutally good solos from Janick and guitar harmony which is out of this world!!! I think I've read somewhere that Janick was not satisfied with this crazy ending to the song, but as Steve always says: ''at the end, they all agree with me''. :lol:

This track is a solid 9/10.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019