Create your own Iron Maiden setlist!

So got this idea from A Real Live One (or dead, but whichever) where the focus is on songs from 1986-92. Maiden decides in 2011 that after Maiden England Tour 2012-13, that while there is no ambition to do a full extensive 90s tour, there is a will to briefly nod towards that aforementioned decade. So, in November 2013 following statement is released on the official site (with no writing mishaps and stronger English spirit):

mEDievil Maiden Tour 2014

Iron Maiden announces that they are on the road again next year under a brand new theme. There will be a focus on five studio albums from the middle point of their honourable and illustrious career (Somewhere In Time - The X-Factor or albums 6-10 out of 15).

Steve Harris comments: "With this Maiden England thing having been going on for about 18 months now we decided we didn´t want to do third leg based on that theme, so we mixed things up a little bit for next year. We are going to play some tunes we haven´t done for over two decades, and while some of them may not be the most popular or memorable ones, I daresay from experience that there will some bloody effing positive reactions from the crowds all around (and if not, do check the pulse of the person beside you)! 2014 can´t arrive soon enough!

Adds manager Rod Smallwood: "I am very much looking forward to next year because this is really a marvellous opportunity to do some justice to the 90s songs while keeping the essentials from this Maiden England theme still on the show. I welcome that opportunity with open arms, to uphold our fine tradition of history based tours in front of the most loyal fans on the planet is a priviledge beyond belief. As there is no new material to play (for the time being, as we are heading into the studio after the tour, BUT, more of that in due course!), there is a will to do something new and visit the 90s as we know it is some of our most devoted supporters dearest wish. We felt the need to add something fresh to the show and decided to wrap up our studio catalogue in a live environment (not withstanding the fact that the studio album sequence is still very much ongoing!).

It is going to be fantastic way to round up our career thus far, a mix of blast from the past, all the way from the late 80s (their height of their power), to early 90s pure rock n roll, concluding into the middle of the decade from where we basically started this style of the momentous epics. There will be something for everyone without forgetting a certain classic from that period, so all our fans will be more than pleased! This is only a one summer thing, so make sure you come to see us as some of the songs we do will never appear on the setlist again."

That announcement preceeds a concert list starting from the UK with a mini tour spanning through the second half of April, following dates (in May-June) in Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Germany Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia & Croatia. Then in early July heading over the Atlantic to a brief spell in Canada and the States (east coast), finishing in South America for a couple of weeks. Tour ends mid-August.

(To be continued) Somewhere In May...
We’re excited to see the setlist :cool::D

Iron Maiden
2025 - Fear Returns Tour

In November of 2024, Iron Maiden announced the next History Of Iron Maiden Release as well as a new tour based on No Prayer, Fear of the dark tour and A Real live Tour
The setlist was reverted to 20 tracks as a reference to their early 90s tours.

Bruce Dickinson: Vocals
Adrian Smith: Guitar
Nicko Mcbrain: Percussion
Steve Harris: Bass
Janick Gers: Guitar
Dave Murray: Guitar

1. Intro
2. Be Quick Or Be Dead
3. The Trooper
4. From Here To Eternity
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Remember Tomorrow
7. Wrathchild
8. The Clairvoyant
9. Wasting Love
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Run To The Hills
12. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
13. Tailgunner
14. Fear Of The Dark
15. Transylvania
16. 2 Minutes To Midnight
17. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
18. Iron Maiden
ENCORE
19. Hallowed Be Thy Name
20. Sanctuary
21. Running Free
22. Bruce Get's Placed Into An Iron Maiden (Based On Raising Hell)
23. Outro

Attachments

• 09. Alternative Artwork for A Real Dead One.jpg
    09. Alternative Artwork for A Real Dead One.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 8
Iron Maiden
Radio 2001

1. Radio Host Introduction
2. Short Radio Ad
3. The Wickerman
4. Ghost Of The Navigator
5. Blood Brothers
6. The Clansman
7. Lord Of The Flies
8. Fear Of The Dark
9. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Wasted Years
12. 2 Minutes To Midnight
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Run To The Hills
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Wrathchild
17. Iron Maiden
18. Radio Ad
19. Interview

Iron Maiden
Radio 2001

1. Radio Host Introduction
2. Short Radio Ad
3. The Wickerman
4. Ghost Of The Navigator
5. Blood Brothers
6. The Clansman
7. Lord Of The Flies
8. Fear Of The Dark
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Wasted Years
12. 2 Minutes To Midnight
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Run To The Hills
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Wrathchild
17. Iron Maiden
18. Radio Ad
19. Interview
Your imaginary setlist has radio ads and interviews built in?

Now its time to something I´ve been waiting for to show you, to close up my setlist for 2014 from the previous page (sorry for the wait if someone was also on his tenterhooks and agitated for the grand reveal... nah just kidding). The opening gig takes place at Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow on Wednesday April 16th, 2014. Wandering in the city in the afternoon (mostly in some of the pubs) before arriving at the venue and taking part at the queue in the yard. Purchasing the tour t-shirt for 20£ (Somewhere In Time style painting with Eddie in a spaceship on the front / FOTD style eerie Eddie in the night at the back). Then heading to the floor on Janick´s side maybe some 40-50 feet from the barrier. Time, is now on our side... because we can skip the warm up act, the waiting, and some more waiting... we can even skip Doctor Doctor to finally launch the tour. So, here goes... oh, not quite yet actually. Let me briefly describe the tour costumes and stage set:

Bruce: The leather jacket he wore on LOTB during some songs, the same jeans he wore in Maiden England Tour, and the boots he wore on Books of Souls tour

Steve: Same outfit as 2012-13

Dave: Usual jeans, converses, one of the tour shirts on (7th Son themed)

Adrian: Jean vest with stylish grey jeans and a scarf

Janick: Usual gear including a No Prayer style tour t-shirt

Nicko: Can´t see him sorry guys (well I could always check the screens if necessary)

The stage has medieval castle / fortress type of theme with hints of different albums here and there, such as FOTD style floor. On the bass drum there is Eddie from the studio albums of the said theme.

Now do please adjust your sets, as we finally begin: An eerie intro of some 90 seconds is followed by ear deafening bang (I don´t know if there are pyros allowed in this venue irl but lets play along) and lots of flames, as the intro of Be Quick Or Be Dead rolls on like a steam engine. Bruce runs just in time to the mic stand to let out a vicious and vigorous scream, much like he so often did in the early 90s, and the crowd goes berserk. Even though the tempo is slightly slower than the studio version, it is a captivating start to the show. Janick entertains the spectators at the end of his solo by doing his trademark 360 degree throw guitar around himself.

At the end of the song there is a massive uproar of around five seconds, before Nicko hits the hi-hat four times (with an enormous grin on his face as seen from the screen... aand his clothes are... well, I leave it up to your imagination). A wave of shock and surprise conquers the place as Tailgunner roars from the PA. Steve puts his foot on the monitor staring the audience like his about to jump there (if we could hear him, with the shivering yell of yeah), Dave and Adrian are turned face to face at each other as on the other side of the stage Bruce leans to Jan with one hand, gesturing to his ear with the other. Trace your way back fifty years... the mic stand is flashing all around as he moves like a ninja. There is definitely sense of new energy in the band, and you can tell they are having a blast.

Then there is a quick change of guitars and some minor bass tuning before The Evil That Men Do thunders from the source of the sound devices. During the intro Bruce greets "Good evening to you and welcome to the Medievil Glasgow... Scream for Me!!". When the fast part starts there is a blinding flash of lights and pyro bomb on every single snare drum hit. The magical energy just flows around the place. If there is someone on his first Maiden gig, one can already tell that this night will surely and most certainly not be the last.

A familiar bass intro is a pleasing sign that The Clairvoyant remains on the setlist, and does so surprisingly early. Always a reliable minoscule mini epic from the 7th Son album to raise the mood to even higher standars. Another low bass intro follows, this time with a synth, before the actual growling intro, and another pleasant surprise, Heaven Can Wait follows suit having been absent the two previous years, this time without the crowd on the stage during the sing-along part, but that doesn´t hinder the performance by any means. The song is quickly over (time flows when its fun), and Bruce then greets the audience properly for about 3 minutes, hinting that there are lots of more rarities coming, information which the crowd strongly approves. As we are in Scotland, the rest of the gibberish is such that a non-native couldn´t properly understand, but at the end of the interaction there is a mention of "FOTD album... haven´t played for a long time... from the heart" Yes, it must be true, it most definitely is Wasting Love back in the setlist for the first time since 1993. Such a fantastic and emotional performance from the s*xtet (no pun intended), and there are even some cigarette lighters instead of the phone lights on the balcony. Noice.

Talking about the performance, there have been very little hiccups in the performance considering its the first night of the tour, even after the next song which Nicko has claimed being one of the most if not the most technical in the whole catalogue drum wise. Monumental epic, more pyros, jumping, howling and even a priest like Eddie on stage. Sign of the Cross is a definitive and indestructable cornerstone of the set, followed by fast and furious Man On The Edge off the same album. Bruce even seems to consider climbing up to the lights, but decides there is no time before the next verse. Good for him.

Next up we have a classic mid-tempo bluesy schlager in the form of Stranger In A Strange Land reappearing in the set for the first time since 1999. A group of four in front of me goes crazy, especially during the emotianal solo by the courtesy of H. can´t blame them. What a fabolous evening it has been, and Bruce makes sure the rpm stays at maximum capacity by first teasing the audience to scream so that they can hear us at Edinburgh, before counting 1... 2... 3... 4... Can I Play With Madness?! Say what you say, it rarely fails live, nor does eternity (but that song, as some of the crowd is about to find out and bitterly disappoint, is not on the set tonight). Alas. But there much more to compensate still for the fans of Charlotte saga.

The short and sweet rocker from 7th Son album is followed by yet another speech by Bruce, this time leading back to similar tendency that of the two previous years. Afraid To Shoot Strangers remains in the set and thank heavens for that. The roof of the place seems to blow up by the force of the soul shivering permormance. This has to be one of the bands best ever performances anywhere on the planet. Lord of the Flies confirming that stament, as Bruce pulls off some ridiculously and astonishly high notes during the chorus, the overall swinging being second to none. There might be something in my throat and eyes. Eurgh.

I wiped my face for nothing, as The Clansman is the next in line. I know there was not a mention of VXI songs on the press release, but who cares (especially during the heat of the moment, and it is a 90s classic, and... do I really have to explain myself? Its the freaking Clansman!). "Freedom!" seems to echo from one wall to the other, as I daresay every single person both the ground level and balcony yells from the bottom of their lungs, or top, whichever. Eddie reappers on the stage in a form of medieval warrior, and the crushing melodies make William Wallace turn in his grave on a positive manner of speaking. Can this get any better?

Most of the crowd says "yes", as Fear of the Dark follows on. I take it easy both because it marks the sad point of nearing the end of the gig and because there has been so much more going on than the usual staple. Still, fits this theme just fine, and takes nothing away from the overall feeling. Iron Maiden closes the set with Eddie rising behind the drum in a chair reminiscent of The X-Factor cover. As the drumsticks and wristbands fly overhead, one does ponder what a banger of a night, and the best part is that its not over yet.

After about two and a half minutes of chanting and demanding the band back on stage, from the speakers comes something that was not entirely unforeseen, but nonetheless is certainly worth the wait. Seven deadly sins... pyros, the band on stage again, Bruce up there behind the drum riser spitting soaring vocals through the mic to your tomorrow ringing ears. Moonchild opens the encores with so powerful vibe that it seems weird to think the band has already performed best part of two hours. Immediately afterwards its time to lose the leather jacket and some more singing, as Bruce makes a longish profound introduction to the bands sole number one single, demanding us to lose our voices for a month or two should they still be attached. Unchain the back door of the place, cos here comes an almost unpredecented crowd pleaser in the form of Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter. Some more interaction with the fans after the solo, and mentions of being the best ever start to a tour. It definitely feels that way. But all good comes to an end, as yet another fan favourite Wasted Years concludes the fantastic, unforgettable beyond imagination evening, leaving the mesmerised and flabbergasted crowd slowly emerge to the dimly lit courtyard posting the set online and heatedly discussing the events, as "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" rings in the background. Some lucky ones who are travelling from show to show are in for a treat for the next few months.

Full set:

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead
2. Tailgunner
3. The Evil That Men Do
4. The Clairvoyant
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. Wasting Love
7. Sign of the Cross
8. Man On The Edge
9. Stranger In A Strange Land
10. Can I Play With Madness?
11. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
12. Lord of the Flies
13. The Clansman
14. Fear of the Dark
15. Iron Maiden
16. Moonchild
17. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
18. Wasted Years

Last edited:
Iron Maiden
Radio 1996

ADVERT
1. Virus
2. Lord Of The Flies
3. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
4. Wrathchild
5. The Evil That Men Do
6. The Number Of The Beast
BREAK/ADVERTISEMENTS
7. The Trooper
8. Man On The Edge
9. Hallowed Be Thy Name
10. Transylvania
11. The Aftermath
ADVERT
12. Sanctuary
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Run To The Hills
15. Iron Maiden
INTERVIEW WITH STEVE AND BLAZE
FINAL ADVERT

DVD/Bluray - Iron Maiden - The Fear Tour

DISC 1

1. Intro
2. Be Quick Or Be Dead
3. The Evil That Men Do
4. The Trooper
5. Wrathchild
6. From Here To Eternity
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Remember Tomorrow
10. Tailgunner
11. Can I Play With Madness
13. Wasting Love
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Iron Maiden
ENCORE
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name
18. Run To The Hills
19. Sanctuary
20. Running Free
EDDIE COMES ON STAGE AND DRAGS BRUCE AWAY TO AN IRON MAIDEN WHERE BRUCE IS THEN EXECUTED, THIS IS A TRIBUTE TO "RAISING HELL 1993"

--------------------

DISC 2 - HISTORY OF IRON MAIDEN PART 4

Feature
1. History Of Iron Maiden Part 4

Music Videos
1. Holy Smoke
2. Tailgunner
3. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
4. Be Quick Or Be Dead
5. From Here To Eternity
6. Wasting Love
7. Fear Of The Dark (Live)
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)

No Prayer For The Dying TV Broadcast
A couple live songs

Italy 1993
1. The Trooper
2. Fear Of The Dark

No Prayer Driving Safety Advert

---------------------
Disc 2's PC Files
Artwork.Zip
Photos.Zip
Audio.Zip

Artwork.Zip contains a lot of 1990-1993 Artwork

Photos.Zip contains many band/set/behind the scenes photos.

Audio.zip contains
1. Holy Smoke (Censored Radio Edit)
2. Listen With Nicko (Part 1-10 + The rare part 11)
3. Bayswater Ain't A Bad Place To Be
4. French Message From Bruce
5. Interviews
6. Die With Your Boots On (Live 1992)

---------------------

Disc 3 (Bluray Exclusive)

1. Live 1991 (Previously Unreleased)
2. Live At Donington 1992 (Remastered)
3. Live 1993 (Including Eddie's Neck Incident)
4. Raising Hell (Remastered)

Extras
1. Die With Your Boots On (Live 1992)

Last edited:
50th Anniversary Tour (2025)
======================
1. The Wicker Man
2. Stratego
3. El Dorado
4. Dance of Death
5. Lord of the Flies
6. The Clansman
7. Fear of the Dark
8. The Evil That Men Do
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
11. The Trooper
12. Iron Maiden
======================
13. The Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Running Free

Thanks for any comments there may be on my fictional 2014 gig written in May, if there is any. I feel uncomfortable taking any kind of feedback, however positive it may be, therefore I don´t read them (well, maybe after a few beers but thats another story). I would like to add to that gig a few minor things, but mainly that prior Wasting Love there are acoustic guitars carried to the stage, which causes rapid speculation amongst the crowd. But thats about it.

Now, on a different though not unrelated topic, I made the most aggravating, boring and mentally exhausting possible setlist for next years 50th anniversary tour, to not just write the paragraphs above. Whatever you do, do not follow this route, Maiden camp (assuming Nicko can still perform songs like RTTH etc)! Note, that I only list the songs in order of release, not the setlist itself (one can argue which came first, Sanctuary or Iron Maiden, but anyway). 15 songs as "usual".

Sanctuary, Iron Maiden, Wrathchild, The Number of the Beast, Run To The Hills, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, The Trooper, Aces High, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wasted Years, The Evil That Men Do, Fear of the Dark, The Wicker Man, Writing On The Wall.

When Sanctuary is the most refreshing song, having not appeared since 2014, and not for a full tour since 2005, it just about says it all.

50th Anniversary Tour (2025)
It seems to be a recurring theme at the forum so I'll give my take. As I said before, if Maiden would make a 50th anniversary tour I think it will be heavily based upon hits. Plus, one must take into account some band member's age and how some tracks would be left out due to these limitations. That being said, this isn't my favorite setlist but instead an attempt to foresee what such gig would look like.

1. The Wicker Man
  2. Wrathchild
  3. The Writing on the Wall
  4. Stranger In a Strange Land
  5. Powerslave
  6. Can I Play with Madness
  7. Sign Of the Cross
  8. The Trooper
  9. Flight Of Icarus
  10. Fear Of the Dark
  11. Iron Maiden

Yes, it's a bit predictable and "vanilla" but I believe this will be tour strongly based upon hit singles (as is the case of 13 of the 17 tracks) And heavily relying on 1980's releases. Perhaps some other fan favorite tracks will be featured (Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Revelations, The Clairvoyant, The Clansman or Dance of Death are good examples) but I don't know.

Iron Maiden 1996
London December
Christmas Special
Also celebrating Best Of The Beast

Steve Harris: Bass/Backing Vocals
Blaze Bailey: Vocals
Dave Murray: Guitar
Janick Gers: Guitar
Nicko McBrain: Percussion

1. Intro
2. Man On The Edge
3. Wrathchild
4. Prowler
5. The Clairvoyant
6. The Number Of The Beast
7. Lord Of The Flies
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. Remember Tomorrow
10. 2 Minutes To Midnight
11. The Aftermath
13. Running Free
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Phantom Of The Opera
17. Iron Maiden
18. The Trooper
19. Transylvania
20. Run To The Hills
21. Sanctuary
22. Outro (X factor Eddie on a chair is wheeled out on to the stage where Steve, Blaze, Nicko, Dave and Janick take the top off eddies head, exposing his brain, they begin to slowly pull out his brain while Eddie roars, the band then exit the stage)

Back