Create your own Iron Maiden setlist!

Still was a fantastic live song, better than many of the other songs played live.

I think they would be cool to see live, especially given the context. Would be a nice change.

Good setlist, but mine is better. :p;)

I guess so... :D I tend to stick too much with the realistic Maiden setlist structure, haha.

I had it originally, although I felt it should be just the original album
I get your point. Therefore, Total Eclipse would be a nice encore or an interesting piece of the first set. :p I totally get your idea of playing NOTB as it already was originally released, but the inclusion of Total Eclipse would definitely be an appropriate one somewhere in the show.

I have been perhaps even a bit too active on this thread recently, but... here's another.

If Maiden did an... acoustic (/semi acoustic) gig/small tour. Then again, I guess they aren't excatly Thomas Zwjisen style virtuosos with acoustic guitars, but I think they'd be able to do this should they want. Obviously, I doubt they would, but hey... it's one of these threads. :p

The Legacy of the Journeyman/Journeymen on the Road

1. Revelations
2. Rainmaker
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. Total Eclipse (I just have this feeling that if arranged properly, it might work very well... the main riff would translate rather well into acoustic format and the final verse "GONE ARE THE DAYS..." would really work in this format, I guess; then again, I might be terribly wrong here)
5. Remember Tomorrow/Strange World
6. Wildest Dreams (another one which might turn out surprisingly well in this format, if given appropriate treatment)
7. The Evil That Men Do
8. Tears of a Clown
9. Brave New World
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Journeyman
12. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
13. Iron Maiden

14. The Clairvoyant
15. Blood Brothers
16. Wasted Years

Blaze-era has a lot of potential picks for this kind of set, such as Futureal, Lord of the Flies, Fortunes of War and The Clansman, but I did want to keep this a bit different than what Blaze and Zwjisen have been doing - amazing stuff as it often is, but just to keep this entirely different.

1. Mission from 'Arry (intro)
2. Caught Somewhere in TIme
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Stranger in a Strange Land
5. Killers
6. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. The Prisoner
8. Holy Smoke
9. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
10. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
11. Innocent Exile
12. To Tame a Land

Encore
13. The Number of the Beast
14. The Trooper
15. Fear of the Dark

Super duper encore
16. Quest for Fire

Legacy of the Beast improved

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
Paschendale
The Clansman
The Trooper

Revelations
For the Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Sign of the Cross
Flight of Icarus
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden

The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

Paschendale instead of 2 Minutes to Midnight. Lets make the stage set even more epic and theatrical.

Powerslave added in between Flight of Icarus and Fear of the Dark. It would fit well in the death/graveyard part of the set.

Paschendale and The Clansman back-to-back would be a mood killer.
I don't think so. The Clansman is monster live song, you've got several sing along parts and the song just flies by. Paschendale would be a lot to digest, but after the opening combo Aces High/Where Eagles Dare it could just work. Maiden played AMOLAD from start to finish, with For the Greater Good of God, Lord of Light and The Legacy being the three last songs on the album. That's a mood killer if you want short and catchy.

I disagree because they were set that way because of the album’s tracklist, which flows very well.

Paschendale / Clansman would end up making both songs weaker than they would be with a shorter song between.

I think a setlist centered around war/battle in rough chronological order from oldest to newest (in terms of subject matter) would be interesting:
  1. Alexander The Great
  2. The Clansman
  3. The Trooper
  4. Run To The Hills
  5. Death or Glory
  6. Paschendale
  7. Aces High
  8. Where Eagles Dare
  9. Run Silent Run Deep
  10. Tailgunner
  11. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
  12. The Edge of Darkness
  13. Como Estais Amigos?
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. 2 Minutes To Midnight
  16. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
  17. The Evil That Men Do

I think a setlist centered around war/battle in rough chronological order from oldest to newest (in terms of subject matter) would be interesting:
  1. Alexander The Great
  2. The Clansman
  3. The Trooper
  4. Run To The Hills
  5. Death or Glory
  6. Paschendale
  7. Aces High
  8. Where Eagles Dare
  9. Run Silent Run Deep
  10. Tailgunner
  11. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
  12. The Edge of Darkness
  13. Como Estais Amigos?
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. 2 Minutes To Midnight
  16. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
  17. The Evil That Men Do

No Invaders then? :(

Seriously speaking, it's a neat concept, even if the set gets a heavy start. Maybe change TETMD into Die With Your Boots On, which also deals with the grim themes around Cold War and would be a good continuation from 2MTM?

Toying with LOTB/AMOLAD-inspired war themed setlists has been another reoccurring theme around here, so I'll give it a try as well. Once again, I place two conditions: the set must follow Maiden setlist structures and song selection politics somewhat realistically, with some optimistic thinking and surprises included, and all of the songs must have been played live before; this also makes it a bit different than some of the sets others have visioned.

The start of the show could follow the LOTB structure; we can think this thing as a one-off thing gig right after LOTB run, so the similarity at the start of the set wouldn't be a huge issue.

1. Aces High (w/ spitfire)
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. Death or Glory
--
6. Paschendale (w/ a couple of cannon replicas and stuff...)
7. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
8. Die With Your Boots On
9. The Edge of Darkness
--
10. For the Greater Good of God
11. The Trooper
12. Blood Brothers (strictly speaking might not fit in here, but I think it makes a perfect substitute for FOTD in a set like this)
13, Iron Maiden
--
14. Tailgunner
15. These Colours Don't Run
16. Run to the Hills

Last edited:
Legacy of the Beast: Discography Edition

Simply put, one song per album.
  1. The Wicker Man
  2. El Dorado
  3. Holy Smoke
  4. The Red and the Black
  5. Futureal
  6. Revelations
  7. Paschendale
  8. Different World
  9. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  10. Lord of the Flies
  11. Fear of the Dark
  12. Only the Good Die Young
  13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
  1. Murder in the Rue Morgue
  2. Alexander the Great
  3. Run to the Hills

It might very well be that we'll get a new album during spring 2020. Or it might be that LOTB goes for a third year... But what if, instead, we take a trip to one of the many alternative realities and...

Iron Maiden announce History of Iron Maiden Part IV and "The Raising Fear/Fear Factor/Darkness Rising/From Fear to Eternity" Summer Tour for 2020.

The end of 2019 saw Maiden complete "The Legacy of the Beast" cycle - their most spectacular show to date and the band is now looking ahead with a new studio album release set to october 2020. Between the new The Legacy of the Beast live release (december 2019) and a the new studio album, the year 2020 will also see highly anticipated follow-up to the "History of Iron Maiden" series, with History of Iron Maiden Part IV: From Fear to Eternity 1990-1999 DVD/Blu-Ray set for April 2020 release. The release will contain documentary about the most difficult and turbulent years of the band, with guitarist and vocalist changes before the eventual formation of the current line-up. The documentary is accompanied by re-mastered and re-edited version of the legendary Donington 1992 gig, along with other live-footage over the 90's and promo videos.

Manager Rod Smallwood comments:
It's a lot of stuff coming out within a year, but I suppose it also makes the wait for a new record a bit easier (laughs); we just felt like that it's about time to get this release out of the way, especially since most of the interviews were done a good while ago! The guys look bloody young there...

Steve Harris continues:
There were some tough years back then, but everything turned out great in the end; and we came up with some great, obviously different stuff during those days - we played a couple of those songs in Legacy set and they went down very well. I feel that enough time has passed now and we can talk about those years with ease now - that's another good reason to finally put this one out of the way. It was also about time to give that Donington show a proper treatment - it was a very special show and we had a great vibe there!

The History of Maiden theme will also carry over to a short summer tour, at least to some extent. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, whose departure in 1993 and triumphant return with the guitarist Adrian Smith in 1999 is one of the central themes of the document, comments:
We decided long time ago that we'd do a bit of touring every year. We already completed The Legacy of the Beast cycle and we have the new album coming out in October, which is going to be amazing, but I can't really talk too much about it... We want to keep things as secret as possible until the autumn so we won't play any new stuff just yet. Instead, we have a very in-your-face, off the streets set we're gonna do before stepping into a album cycle. The show is obviously in much smaller scale than The Legacy run. It's going to be very intense and intimate. The theatrics and drama are still there, it's not like I'd give those up anyway (laughs) but it's a bit more direct thing we're going to do now. We're done with the actual History of Maiden tours, but the upcoming DVD will give us a perfect excuse to include some of the songs from those years we would have wanted to do every now and then, but haven't always been able to fit them in... Obviously, we'll play some of the songs from The Legacy set but also a couple of older songs we haven't done for ages! It's going to be a very fun, short summer run before completing the album process. It's a bit similar thing than what we did with Maiden England in 2014, expect that this show is really completely one-off thing!

Steve Harris comments the tour:
We're going out with a bit smaller production this time, which also gave us a good chance and plenty of time to rehearse a couple of surprises for the summer's set; we're really looking forward to do it. It's a relaxing take-off before the next album cycle. The stage set is a little throwback to mid-nineties, with a lot of Fear of the Dark and The X-Factor things in there. It's going to be a very atmospheric, intimate show.

The History of Iron Maiden Part IV (DVD/Blu-Ray)
DISC 1
- History of Maiden part IV Documentary (90min)
- Promo videos
- Live footage: Sofia, Bulgaria 1995?

DISC 2
- Live at Donington 1992
- Donington interviews and stuff?

DISC 3
- Raising Hell
- Live footage from 1990?

--
The stage set has two big trees on the sides, a bit similar to the towers during TFF and TBOS tours. The stage dressing itself contains The X-Factor style "industrial" layout with some BNW tour style "scaffolding" and twisted, spooky details thrown in. It's the basic layout you'd expect from a Maiden show, but a bit darker (literally) than usually. The backdrop contains a gloomy, grey sky with BNW style cloud Eddie looming over.

1. Be Quick or be Dead
2. Can I Play With Madness/Wrathchild
3. Die With Your Boots On
4. Man on the Edge
--
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. Killers
7. The Clansman
8. The Prisoner/22 Acacia Avenue
--
9. The Number of the Beast
10. Sign of the Cross
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Brave New World/Blood Brothers
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Tailgunner
15. The Trooper
16. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter

So I was thinking about how one could assemble a Maiden setlist that was as "pedal to the metal" as possible - songs that packed a lot of punch fast and efficiently. Something for Nicko to lose all feeling in his appendages, for Bruce to lose all ability to breath, for Janick to dizzy himself to death - shit like that. Here's what I got.
  1. The Wicker Man
  2. Man on the Edge
  3. Be Quick or Be Dead
  4. Aces High
  5. Flash of the Blade
  6. Back in the Village
  7. The Trooper
  8. Moonchild
  9. Futureal
  10. Out of the Silent Planet
  11. Different World
  12. Purgatory