Coronavirus

I tested negative yesterday after to get headache and get very tired. I don't know what to think about omicron. I'm very careful, but I think that's not enough :(

Antigen. I'm aware that they're only about 70% reliable so i'm being cautious. The headache is real enough but the fatigue might just be my general laziness for all i know
They are supposed to be much more reliable if you take samples from the tonsils rather than the nose. No drinks 30 minutes prior to swabbing.

They are supposed to be much more reliable if you take samples from the tonsils rather than the nose. No drinks 30 minutes prior to swabbing.
I've been doing nose and nostrils on a single gooey cotton bud, but maybe i'll do just tonsils for my next one. I've been quaffing the tea also this morning so i guess a re-test is in order

I'm starting to be surprised that I haven't caught the virus yet. I'm in downtown Berlin every day these days, with at least four bus/tube rides per day; there's just no way around it for me, remote working has become largely impossible. Yet, I've done two tests in the last two weeks and both were negative.

My heart goes out to anyone dealing with this. Just always double down on the hand sanitizer, good masks, full clothing, good gloves if you have them, and and be extra careful. I wash everything from the supermarket under water including cans. And I take the time to really wash things. for example, I rinse an apple for 90 to 120 seconds and make sure to fully wash around it with my hands to ensure any possible threat is rendered benign) And I take extra precuations with packages and mail and anything arriving from the "unknown". I wear gloves, dump out the contents, then throw out the packaging and wash my hands after taking the gloves off. Stuff like that. This pandemic really sucks, but the more we think about the little things and the order in which we do them, I think we can all become pretty efficient at having a decent chance of fighting it off.

@Perun I'm honestly not surprised, just because I've had to pass through Germany recently and people were really on it with masks and proper consideration. I'm sure many places have exceptions, but from what I saw, especially when I stopped to wee, I was quite impressed. Definitely made a girl feel safer.

In Norway we had over 15k cases yesterday, which is a new record. However the amount of people in intensive care keeps going down. All signs point towards omicron being milder than a seasonal flu.

I recently joined a local gym where masks are optional. Sme people where them, some do not. I one of the latter and yes though I am fully vaccinated I know I can still get it. I still take the usual measures such as wiping down the equipment both before and after use. I also use the provided hand sanitizer. I'm no longer worried about this thing but still, I do not want it so I will continue to take the usual precautionary measures minus wearing a mask. About the mask. If a place requires me to wear one, I will. Heck, before all this crap began I've had jobs such as the removal of insulation (not fun) where I had to wear mask for at least 8 hours:)

In a vaccinated environment, omicron seems to be very mild. So I think we're in a good place. We'll be in a better place once people get their booster shots, too. So overall, it's possible to see the end of the pandemic from here, although another variant that has omicron's infectivity and delta's lethality (or worse) remains possible.

@Perun I'm honestly not surprised, just because I've had to pass through Germany recently and people were really on it with masks and proper consideration. I'm sure many places have exceptions, but from what I saw, especially when I stopped to wee, I was quite impressed. Definitely made a girl feel safer.

Well, that's probably true for many or most parts of Germany, but people can get pretty insane here. Trying to maintain the proper distance in public transit is mostly impossible, unless it's late in the evening.

Reactions: Nyx
In Norway we had over 15k cases yesterday, which is a new record. However the amount of people in intensive care keeps going down. All signs point towards omicron being milder than a seasonal flu.

I would not jump to conclusions so early. I know someone who works for Public Health Scotland and the data they have suggest that people are dying there everyday with the new variant, which also seems to be very dangerous when pregnant.

I would not jump to conclusions so early. I know someone who works for Public Health Scotland and the data they have suggest that people are dying there everyday with the new variant, which also seems to be very dangerous when pregnant.
Norwegian health authorities say it's around 0,2% chance to get hospitalised with omicron, compared to 0,5% with the flu.

Maybe it's different from country to country, and depending on vaccines etc

Wheeeee covid is over! We're getting pulled back to the office next week. If they can actually sort out the desk booking system and have enough PCs and docking stations ready, that is, unlike the last time they tried this

Wheeeee covid is over! We're getting pulled back to the office next week. If they can actually sort out the desk booking system and have enough PCs and docking stations ready, that is, unlike the last time they tried this

What a coincidence this is happening right when Boris Johnson is facing calls to resign for his blatant lying and the scandals surrounding his premiership...

:puke:

Last edited:
Yes, the worst scum of the backbench are pulling the strings here. Hear them cheer when he said masks were no longer compulsory on public transport in England. What a victory, eh?

Yes, the worst scum of the backbench are pulling the strings here. Hear them cheer when he said masks were no longer compulsory on public transport in England. What a victory, eh?

Yep. The highest death toll in Europe and them cunts still think wearing a mask is a threat to their rights.

Reactions: Nyx

Haha, same here. My office is only opening at 25% capacity. I'm only required to go in twice a week but I have to book a desk and check in. I'm alright with that tbh, I like flexible working.

So, like many people, my symptoms abated for a couple days, and then came back last night like a fucking hammer. Aches, pains, mild fever, and this time a cough. Obviously, that's a little distressing, though no difficulty breathing. I feel a little better this AM but still strung the fuck out.

Back