Coronavirus

Covid related bust up pending at work. They're trying to get people at home back in the office using a system where you have an office desk time target to meet and have to book your own hotdesking desk space. The onus is on all staff to make sure they attain their office working target and take responsibility for booking desk space to make it happen. There isn't enough space.

The implication is if you don't jump to volunteer now, you'll have your office working slots mandated on you later and will get the really bum shifts (eg Fridays when work is insanely busy, times when there's hardly any public transport and the public car parks are dark and dodgy. As it is it's going to be a lottery, because it's a given that most people will want to work Monday and Tuesday early shifts and be at home for the rest of the week.

Add to that the younger staff who aren't interested in vaccination and the older antivaxxers and covid deniers, which includes managers, and there's going to be running battles between staff. Still nobody has explained the business need for 8-8 office cover.

Covid related bust up pending at work. They're trying to get people at home back in the office using a system where you have an office desk time target to meet and have to book your own hotdesking desk space. The onus is on all staff to make sure they attain their office working target and take responsibility for booking desk space to make it happen. There isn't enough space.

The implication is if you don't jump to volunteer now, you'll have your office working slots mandated on you later and will get the really bum shifts (eg Fridays when work is insanely busy, times when there's hardly any public transport and the public car parks are dark and dodgy. As it is it's going to be a lottery, because it's a given that most people will want to work Monday and Tuesday early shifts and be at home for the rest of the week.

Add to that the younger staff who aren't interested in vaccination and the older antivaxxers and covid deniers, which includes managers, and there's going to be running battles between staff. Still nobody has explained the business need for 8-8 office cover.
Very, very unpleasant to say the least.

I remember how my former employer thought the furloughs were going to last a few weeks (I think they lasted just over a year). My cousin also thought the whole thing would be over within two weeks, way back then, excitedly posted on FB how she wasn't going to leave her house until it was over. Here we are, closing in on two years later.

I remember how my former employer thought the furloughs were going to last a few weeks (I think they lasted just over a year). My cousin also thought the whole thing would be over within two weeks, way back then, excitedly posted on FB how she wasn't going to leave her house until it was over. Here we are, closing in on two years later.

I remember the governement sent out an order to close on the thursday, and my job made us come in on the friday, and I was fuming thinking the whole thing would blow over in a few days and we'd missed out on a day off. :lol:

Here we go - called back into the office with two weeks' notice. They still don't have a clue how it's going to work or where people are going to sit. Apparently team building means its an essential need for office working. Except every section is going to be spread throughout the office with some still working from home part of the time. Apparently ventilation is no longer considered an issue as long as we wipe down our desks and wash our hands.

Here we go - called back into the office with two weeks' notice. They still don't have a clue how it's going to work or where people are going to sit. Apparently team building means its an essential need for office working. Except every section is going to be spread throughout the office with some still working from home part of the time. Apparently ventilation is no longer considered an issue as long as we wipe down our desks and wash our hands.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Shit is really going to hit the fan. For a start there'll be a huge fight over who wants to come in what days and who is forced to take the crap shifts, and who is going to go where. Far from encouraging a unified team there's going to be a lot of infighting. Communal areas are out of bounds and people who aren't bothered about covid precautions are sitting in little huddles, excluding anyone who isn't keen.

Today we had the most infections in one day, since the beginning of the pandemic. Blast.

There are 16,364 infections and that is 3688 more than yesterday. 26 deaths have been reported.

There are now 1699 Covid patients in the hospital, of whom 330 on intensive care.

Fully vaccinated: 18 years and older: 84,4%
Fully vaccinated: 12 years and older: 82,4%

Last edited:
Today we had the most infections in one day, since the beginning of the pandemic. Blast.

There are 16,364 infections and that is 3688 more than yesterday. 26 deaths have been reported.

There are now 1699 Covid patients in the hospital, of whom 330 on intensive care.

Fully vaccinated: 18 years and older: 84,4%
Fully vaccinated: 12 years and older: 82,4%

Has the number of tests per 100000 increased significantly in recent times?

So I just saw a headline on a British news site about Berlin introducing tough Covid measures.

I never thought of them as tough.

But maybe that's because there is zero change for me.

Because I'm motherfucking vaccinated.

^ ofc but I'm still, very, very heavily pro masks.

As long as there are cases of spreads throughout mostly vaccinated vector group, like a wedding or a show, it's perfectly clear that vaccines aren't able to contain the pandemic. And as far as I know, the goal is to not get this shit in the first place.

About 100k people are going to be tested on Monday, goverment officials. The results are going to be hilarious.

Evening Standard? They're al
So I just saw a headline on a British news site about Berlin introducing tough Covid measures.

I never thought of them as tough.

But maybe that's because there is zero change for me.

Because I'm motherfucking vaccinated.
Evening Standard. Double whammy of tutting at any type of restriction for the unvaccinated and depicting Germans as authoritarian.

Switzerland has the lowest Covid-19 vaccination rate in western Europe. More than one-third have not had a first dose of a Covid vaccine. Germany and Austria are almost as bad. Some analysts say that Italy, Spain, Portugal and other countries, where vaccination and/or contamination was high, will have a nice summer 2022, but not German speaking countries.

Back