Coronavirus

The difference in grammar. Or, well, explanation for why he can speak neither language properly. My grandfather was also a Slovak who lived most of his adult life in Czechia, so it's nothing personal, but it doesn't help. However the nonsensical insanity would be present anyway, this is just a multiplier.

Imagine an Irishman elected as a PM who would deliver a speech to the nation with many sentences not making sense at all and peppered with a certain Irish feel. That's what I was talking about.

Also, it's not even different races, it's more like Spanish/Portuguese. And, for what it's worth, I like Slovak people often more than the Czech. It's just that this one is such a detestable prick.

So, anyway, today a demonstration was held in Prague. By "fans" (read "hooligans") of football and ice hockey protesting the closure/restrictions of said sports. And face masks, I suppose.

But also they kept yelling that our minister of health should be gassed, proclaimed their wish that Czechia belonged to Czechs only and did Nazi salutes to the sound of our anthem (yep, you read that right, 'cause there's nothing more patriotic than a salute of a regime that brutally persecuted and intended to eliminate our whole nation). Then they attacked the police with cobblestones and pyrotechnics.

Even before that the police has found actual guns and more pyrotechnics with people heading to the meeting. In the end the policemen pacified them with water cannons and pepper spray. And they kept yelling "police brutality" during that.

Dunno, maybe the right wing boomer in me is waking up or something, but I'm almost kinda sorry the policemen were so professional and weren't brutal enough, if you know what I mean.

So, anyway, today a demonstration was held in Prague. By "fans" (read "hooligans") of football and ice hockey protesting the closure/restrictions of said sports. And face masks, I suppose.

But also they kept yelling that our minister of health should be gassed, proclaimed their wish that Czechia belonged to Czechs only and did Nazi salutes to the sound of our anthem (yep, you read that right, 'cause there's nothing more patriotic than a salute of a regime that brutally persecuted and intended to eliminate our whole nation). Then they attacked the police with cobblestones and pyrotechnics.

Even before that the police has found actual guns and more pyrotechnics with people heading to the meeting. In the end the policemen pacified them with water cannons and pepper spray. And they kept yelling "police brutality" during that.

Dunno, maybe the right wing boomer in me is waking up or something, but I'm almost kinda sorry the policemen were so professional and weren't brutal enough, if you know what I mean.

Neo Nazis in the countries that were under the German iron heel during WW2 (or, in the case of Czechoslovakia, even before the outbreak of war) never ceases to puzzle me. It makes me believe that human stupidity knows no limits - that human intelligence can, in fact, approach zero. (Which, if we assume stupidity = k/intelligence where k is a constant, means stupidity will approach infinity).

Also, new cases in Oslo on the decline, but still well within "red" territory with 80-90 cases per 100,000 the last two weeks.

Poland will be, probably, red zoned on weekend. Today we had >12 000 new cases and 168 deaths and for last week we had similar daily numbers. Meaning that daily we are losing more patients than during the whole flu season.

So, first of all, from today onward we are again in an almost complete lockdown. Not surprising, considering the current development. We are already second in number of deaths per capita, after Argentina.

During all this, our prime minister posted on Facebook a photo of a carrot cupcake and hearty-eyed smiley, which became a meme.

1603352644088.png

Last edited:
During all this, our prime minister posted on Facebook a photo of carrot cupcake and hearty-eyed smiley, which became a meme.
You're Czech? I must have misread an earlier post, because (until now) I thought you were from Australia. Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds.

You're Czech? I must have misread an earlier post, because (until now) I thought you were from Australia. Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds.

Yep, that's right. Well, that's okay, there are worse things in this world you could be mistaken for than an Aussie.

THROW ANOTHER SHRIMP PRAWN ON THE BARBIE, MOYT!

Over 11.000 new infections yesterday. 1000 in Berlin alone.

I wish they would just do the lockdown now instead of promoting false hopes and just prolonging this misery.

We're into lockdown for 6 weeks now.

They ignored the advise a month ago to go into lockdown for 4 weeks, and as such now we need a longer lockdown period.

Canada's lockdown is sporadic, but pretty much every major city in the country is locked down. Yeah, Halifax NS is the largest city that isn't, but that's because the Atlantic Bubble has basically pulled a New Zealand.

And another reeeeeally awkward situation ... in spring, when we had hard lockdown and few cases and everything was peachy our prime minister (the one with the surrealistic address above, the one with the carrot cupcake) declined the possibility of helping other countries, mainly Italy and Spain, because we don't have enough and implied something along the lines that whoever makes their bed shall lie in it (then they bought for hard cash and respectfully thanked China for their shitty tests and masks, while declining help from Taiwan, but that's another story).

And now, when we're worst in Covid worldwide, after quick negotiations we are promised expert doctors from the US (specifically Texas and Nebraska, yay, thanks!), including their own equipment and the EU... well...

1603385047710.png

You ever felt this shitty and shameful for something that you didn't even actually do? Because just to be clear - nobody sane I know voted for him. But he's been keeping his 30% of votes in the past 8 or so years.

Y'all should have let us die, is what I'm saying.

Canada's lockdown is sporadic, but pretty much every major city in the country is locked down. Yeah, Halifax NS is the largest city that isn't, but that's because the Atlantic Bubble has basically pulled a New Zealand.
Suddenly
"Go to Halifax"
Has new meaning
to paraphrase Varg.

news from Poland - we are going to go into mini-lockdown for two weeks. Children aged 9 - 15 cannot move outside on their own, seniors will not be allowed to leave the apartments (exception - groceries or church), restaurants and bars are closed. children from 10 years and above - only remote learning. Limits in shops, gatherings up to 5 people.

Today we had >13600 new cases / > 150 deaths

Last edited:
In Spain 21000 new cases and 155 deaths in the last 24 hours… And the politicians are discussing what to do. They don't want a second national lockdown because the economy. Bars and restaurants are still opened except in a few cities. We're into the second wave of coronavirus

Our whole office got shut down today after a positive Covid test, this time from someone who was actually in the office when they started showing symptoms. They're doing a deep clean overnight. Personally think they should consider asking that person's team to isolate for a week or so, but everyone else is back to work tomorrow. Should be fun with the backlog tomorrow, we're already short staffed because of half term holidays and today there were only a handful of home working staff from each team able to do any work at all.

Back