Chris Cornell Survivor - Fell On Black Days Wins!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had completely forgotten that this is easily my favorite Audioslave album. From a consistency standpoint, it's definitely the best. There is a lack of stand out tracks and classic tracks, but there's not a single bad song here.

I can only bring myself to vote for Until We Fall and Somedays right now + Fell on Black Days and I Am The Highway to advance the game.

I'm just not feeling this album. I'm hoping a few of the songs will start to grow on me with a couple more listens, because honestly nothing is standing out right now.

One and the Same
Original Fire
Broken City
Somedays
Jewel of the Summertime
Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye
+ 4th of July & Like a Stone

ELIMINATED
I Am The Highway (YOU MONSTERS! :angry-:)
Until We Fall
Original Fire
Somedays

PROMOTED
Show Me How To Live
Like A Stone
Shadow On The Sun

ELIMINATED
One And The Same
Broken City
Jewel Of The Summertime
Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye

Carry On joins the game!

Chris Cornell's second solo album.

I'm not fully sure what to make of this album. At the very least, it's interesting. I really don't see a point in trying to compare it to any of the Audioslave stuff. Compared to Euphoria Morning, I'd say this one is not quite as strong. There's still a lot of good stuff here, though, and many of these songs feel like they could be growers.

The cover of Billie Jean is honestly incredible. So completely soulful. You Know My Name is great as well.

Voting for:

Poison Eye
Arms Around Your Love
Safe and Sound
Scar on the Sky
Finally Forever
Silence the Voices
+ 4th of July

This album is really, really spotty for me. It has very high highs and incredible lows. Killing Birds is easily one of my least favorite Chris Cornell songs ever.

There's a lot to like here, mostly the more rocking/R&B tinged stuff. I love No Such Thing, She'll Never Be Your Man, Billie Jean, Your Soul Today, and You Know My Name.

The weak ones receiving a vote:

Poison Eye
Arms
Safe and Sound
Ghosts
Killing Birds
Scar on the Sky
Finally Forever
Silence
+ FOBD

I have not heard Carry On and frankly, I'm not sure when I can do it. Feel free to move on to the next round without me, if there are enough votes. I'm sorry. :(

ELIMINATED
Poison Eye
Arms Around Your Love
Safe And Sound
Scar On The Sky
Finally Forever
Silence The Voices

ELIMINATED
Wide Awake
Moth
No Such Thing
Ghosts
Killing Birds
Your Soul Today

PROMOTED
Revelations
Sound Of A Gun
Shape Of Things To Come

Scream joins the game!

This album is completely different from anything Chris Cornell has done before, or since. For Scream, Cornell teamed up with producer Timbaland, and he pretty much ditched the guitar-driven style of music all together in favor of a more electronic pop-oriented style of music.

The critical reviews were mostly negative and the album has been considered a commercial disappointment.

Last edited:
Yeah...I don't really know what to say about this one. This is just not my kind of music at all. The only song here that I somewhat enjoyed was the very last one, and that's because it's not at all like the rest of the album.

I will admit that it's cool how every track flows into the next one, making the whole album like one single song. Unfortunately, I never want to listen to it again.

4th of July
Part of Me
Time
Sweet Revenge
Ground Zero
Enemy
Other Side of Town
Watch Out

Back