Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

I’ve read Strassman’s book about the subject with great interest. Did you see the “entities“ as well?
Plus, I‘d be interested in the long term effects of your journey...?

Sorry to disappoint, but no entities. As for long term effects, it is a choice. I told my brother I feared reverting after a few days to the "old" me and he said, "That's on you, you can choose to go back or continue forward." I chose to continue forward. I feel great and I still feel this cosmic connection to all. My old self is truly gone.

For example, I lost my wallet at the beach and just a year ago I would have gone insane and flipped a few tables in anger. Now? I just laughed, shrugged and kept going. I was more annoyed at the fact of having to replace all the plastic in it (credit card, IDs, train card, etc), than the implications of having lost it.

Another example is I used to HATE the rain. Growing up in Mexico City the sky is an eternal greyish-white from the pollution and the constant rain. It rains everyday, all day and it just floods the streets, traffic gets even worse, you get wet, cold and it sucks. In Arizona it rains like the biblical flood, but only for like 10 minutes and after 10 more it is gone, because of the infernal heat. So it was at least tolerable. Rainy season has arrived here in Guadalajara and it is the worst of both worlds. It rains like in Tucson, but with all the consequences from Mexico City. Well, the other day I was caught in one of said torrential rains and... I loved it lol. Didn't care at all. I was soaked from head to toe as if thrown in the pool fully clothed and I couldn't care less. One night, while caught a light drizzle I actually took my hood and glasses off and let the rain kiss my face. I felt... euphoric. So... weird. I had conflicting emotions, I loved my current state but I remembered how much I used to hate it. The memory caused some amusing confusion, as a marveled at how far I've come in the last year in a half.

We're going again this month, so I'm looking forward to seeing what new fears I unearth this time.

I recently read an article that it is gaining popularity worldwide and it is not only threatening it's legality, but also the supply. Local tribes are concerned that it will become the new cocaine and that outsider interest and demand will lead their sacred root to become illegal or worse, depleted. Local tribes use it for religious ceremonies and revere it and outsiders use it recreationally. The ceremonies I attend do give it it's due respect and it is referred to as "sacred medicine." I've gone once and I haven't been to the psychiatrist or taken any meds since.

Ayahuasca, shrooms and other psychodelics are not shortcuts nor miracle cures. They merely show you the door, it is up to you to walk through it and do the work.

Yes, I‘ve heard some critical voices about it belonging to South American indigenous cultures, and not to European/US American adventure seekers. On the other hand, I know of people from South America that live here and earn their money with a normal job, who offer these “seminars” on week-ends for very little money. As they say, they feel obliged to do it to help cure the sickness of our ultra-materialistic western world. They don’t just take anybody either, people have to apply for their participation by describing the reason for their interest, and fast for one month beforehand (no meat/sweets/alcohol/sex).
But what would you say about the psychological dangers of DMT/Ayahuasca?

It's like any other drug, abuse it and it will mess you up. I've seen first hand what psychodelics do to people who abuse them. It alters their brain chemestry forever and even while sober anything can trigger a "trip" and the floor will start melting beneath their feet, they'll see things that aren't there, etc. That's why the sessions are once to twice a year at most and like you said, not just anybody is allowed to attend. I was allowed to go, because of my brother mainly. I shared my experience here, because I consider many close friends, specially those that have stuck around for the last 10 to 15 years, but it isn't something I go blabbing about in my everyday life.

There is an interview with Jim Carrey in which he says he doesn't exist, everything is an illusion, etc. The interviewer laughs, thinking Carrey is being funny at best, eccentric at worst. Yet Carrey has undergone a similar journey. I am neither rich nor famous, if I start telling people I don't exist I end up in the looney bin.

It's an interesting experience you're describing, Onhell. I'm not going to speculate too much, but the way it sounds to me, the drug itself will only offer you a sort of borderline experience (in the neutral sense of the word) that leaves you looking at yourself and the world in a different way. Do you think it's specifically this psychedelic that is required for such an experience in general, or do you think other experiences could have similar results? The basics of your story remind me of things I've heard from people who did extreme mountaineering, intensive yoga sessions and other things, which is why I'm asking.

It's an interesting experience you're describing, Onhell. I'm not going to speculate too much, but the way it sounds to me, the drug itself will only offer you a sort of borderline experience (in the neutral sense of the word) that leaves you looking at yourself and the world in a different way. Do you think it's specifically this psychedelic that is required for such an experience in general, or do you think other experiences could have similar results? The basics of your story remind me of things I've heard from people who did extreme mountaineering, intensive yoga sessions and other things, which is why I'm asking.

There is a lot of literature on different mushrooms, roots and synthetic drugs with similar effects. Aldous Huxley wrote extensively on the subject. So did Satre. He famously had a bad mescaline trip and hallucinated for a decade lol. I'm barely getting into it and am far from a source of viable information outside of my personal experiance. DMT is one of the most effective, but not the only drug/experience with the same effect. I had a similar experience shortly after my DUI when I got caught in a storm while riding my bike listening to Angra's Rebirth. I also had one in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. The sun was setting and half the sky was still blue and the other half a dark purplish black hue. The mountains under the darkened sky looked rather ominous and majetic, made me feel small, frightened and in awe.

However DMT is the only thing so far that has had a permanent effect on me down to my core.

Graham Hancock has a few vids on it. Here is is banned Tedtalk:

Satre's bad trip: http://www.openculture.com/2018/07/...e-trip-hallucinated-years-followed-crabs.html

George Bush was president and I was on stage with him before a huge audience. He wanted to perform a short piano piece before his speech but got infuriated when the keys didn’t have notes written on them and he couldn’t play.
Briefly, I saw someone from secondary school give out ratings to all the guys in our class and just as I was mentioned, some noise appeared and I couldn’t hear what was said.

I was going to a concert of an obscure death metal band I have never heard of in this really small, far-away village in Northern Greece. A large part of my friends in real life were there too. While waiting for doors to open, we suddenly spotted Oliver Kahn in the crowd. He was super friendly and took photos with everyone and chatted to everyone. And then the bloody Greeks decided to ruin the party. They created controlled explosions on the slope above the village, so they started a landslide and rocks and logs started rolling downhill towards us. The landslide somehow stopped before it reached us, and that was when the effing Greeks started water-hosing us from every house. We didn't panic though. Instead, we grabbed the hoses and started watering the gardens. At that point, the mayor showed up. He started telling us how they didn't want to hurt us, blah-blah, but people were already pissed off, so someone threw a blanket over the mayor's head and people started beating him up. There were a lot of other things happening, like Perun making sandwiches for the people watering the plants, but the details are lost. The bloody Greeks can kill us but they can never take away the memory of meeting Oliver Kahn.

Last edited:
Weirdest dream ever. It was a compilation of segments with little apparent connection.
First, there was a man riding a bear in a wintry forest. They were hunting - the bear swung one of its arms and the fox it hit flew several meters back and fell down dead. Afterwards, the bear turned out to be a man in a bear costume. A very large man, but not the brightest of mind.
Next I was in a far-away desert town and my brother was loading wood into a furnace. I asked him if it’s possible to survive such climate with only water and no food for a while but he didn’t want to answer that.
The creepy part: I was in a deep dark forest with my family (my own wife and children, I think) and there was a sudden sound, an intruder. I tried to make as low a voice as possible and asked: “Who’s there?” Shortly, a baby head rose from behind a rock. It was a demon baby, for its eyes were upside down, and it said one word: “Venna,” which is a euphemism for brother. That part woke me up, feeling quite uneasy.
Then I was at some kind of event that resembled a blind date and I was paired up with, excuse me for saying this, the ugliest and most obnoxious girl ever. She tried to get hold of my phone and at one point did, which made me anxious, although I have nothing to hide there.
The last part was pervy: I was a worker at a swimming pool and was watching women swim.

I dreamed Steve had cut his hair short. That seriously was the whole content of the dream.

I was having a chat with Lars Ulrich and a friend of mine about what a great band Maiden is. We praised their music and agreed that they put on an awesome live show. “Like Metallica,” I said, “they also put on a great show.” And I almost added: “The only difference is that Maiden have a good drummer,” but remembered who I was talking to.

Back