Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

Woke up cold and sweaty from a nightmare. I’ve forgotten some interesting parts but mostly I had to overcome challenges and solve puzzles to stay alive. I had to jump over large gaps and walk on narrow pathways to avoid fallong to my death in a bottomless pit. There was a room with an iron maiden, the torture device, where I probably would’ve ended up in case I couldn’t solve some problem.

Last edited:
Didn't feel like that, though. The atmosphere was more surreal, no blood on the walls, no rust and chains, just rooms of abstract puzzles/challenges.

I’m going on a cruise to Sweden tomorrow and that was the basis for my dream. @CriedWhenBrucieLeft was there with us, a self-proclaimed party and dance king. You had a book series of some 20 titles on how to live the party life, or something. I realised that all the “dancing in a circle” posts on Cried’s part were not mockery but pride. Anyway, I was skimming through a local theatre’s booklet and there was going to be a prog event that same evening (weirdly the date was 14th) with guest artist John Petrucci. I got there just in time for the closing shred. Petrucci ran up the stairs through the crowd, shook a few fans’ hands, so I also reached out mine. It was the most awkward handshake ever, both our hands felt flaccid and weak, and I couldn’t hear what he said so I laughed nervously.
Alright, Sweden, try and top that.

I find it funny how sometimes you can dream about something or someone you didn't even remember existed. Last night, for instance, I had the weirdest dream about a former friend of mine with whom I lost touch about 3 years ago. I hadn't thought about that friend for ages!

That happens to me often. Freaky when that person reaches out. I remember many years ago (about 16 or so) I thought of a classmate I hadn't thought of since middle school. The NEXT day I had a friend request from her back when Facebook was only for college students. I asked her why she had reached out since we weren't exactly the best of friends. She said she was reaching out to ALL her classmates from that time in Mexico. I saw her friend list and checked it periodically for a while after that.... not, one, other, person was added that we had in common. Not. One. Very weird.

I'm not sure. It was just to give us time to get out of the door. My alarm clock went off at that point.

I couldn’t actually SEE Cried because I don’t know what he looks like, but his thoughts and presence were there. There was mutual disappointment between us. He had hoped that I could get more girls and I had hoped for a more sophisticated, less obnoxious dude.
Never met Cried but I very much doubt "obnoxious" would be a fitting description. Strange thing, dreams.
And you could have got more girls if you'd just tried, Saap, I'm sure.

Last night, I dreamt that the Legacy of the Beast tour had started, and I checked the setlist, and "Alex..." had been the opener...

I was at a really good indoor festival with Maiden due to headline, there was great food and drink, loads of good company. I was just thinking how great it was to be at a Maiden gig and for once it wasn't all part of a dream. Damn.

Last edited:
At first, a friend was angry at me, because I didn't want to go drinking, and threatened to beat me up. I didn't let that intimidate me, though, because I was tired of his aggressive bullshit.
The more interesting part of the dream took place in Siberian wilderness. I was a survivor of some sort and came across this cottage in the forest at night. I was afraid the people there would shoot me out of fear but luckily they helped me and placed me in a guest house with a young woman from that household. We were in separate beds and everything, there were spiderwebs everywhere, it was hella cold even indoors because, well, Siberia. Suddenly, an oil lamp fell over and a small fire broke out. I started looking for buckets of water to drown the fire but it kept rising again. I realised that the guest house was actually quite large and I had to run all the way to the other end to bring more buckets. Eventually, the fire stopped, but the whole time I spent desperately trying to put out the fire, the woman had sat on her bed watching. Maybe it was all a test, lol. On my way to the further buckets, I noticed a strange room behind a wall of crooked planks. It looked like a burial chamber, where grotesque masks stood over the supposed graves. Cweepy.

Back