Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

No, this was the still-dry, uncooked stuff. I'd gone to take some out to cook it, and the space thus created revealed Cthulhu, scowling up at me with his cross little face. You've no idea how much malevolence can emanate from something so small.

It was probably his resemblance to spaghetti that enabled him to hide there, though:)

Last edited:
No, this was the still-dry, uncooked stuff. I'd gone to take some out to cook it, and the space thus created revealed Cthulhu, scowling up at me with his cross little face. You've no idea how much malevolence can emanate from something so small.

It was probably his resemblance to spaghetti that enabled him to hide there, though:)

:funnypost:

Cthulhu spaghetti could actually make for a very interesting dish.

Spaghetti + a little Cthulhu in the middle made out of gnocchi + insanity sauce (marinara + hot sauce) = YUMMY BRAIN DEATH

A quick Google images search for "cthulhu food" turns up some, er, interesting results (oh, that and that someone has nicked my HP sauce joke :grumble: ...)

A quick Google images search for "cthulhu food" turns up some, er, interesting results (oh, that and that someone has nicked my HP sauce joke :grumble: ...)

Those bastards! Damn internet.

As for the food:
233439006-e1296508182650.jpg

That's adorable. This...

cthulhu_calling.jpg

...is just downright unsettling.

I had a dream this night which involved me going through stomach surgery, then witnessing an airliner crash immediately afterward. Seriously, WTF?

I had a dream about having an exam in historical linguistics. I was not ready for it and was terrified that I wouldn't be able to come up with anything to write, so I locked myself in the toilet and waited for the exam to be over.

Last edited:
Exams are a common nightmare for me. I usually discover I've missed an entire term of literature classes and have an exam the next day which is crucial for my degree.

Yes, I sometimes dream of my maths exam. A recurring nightmare is that my degree is reviewed and I have to take it again. It really is a nightmare to me.

I dreamt that my computer screen was coming apart, like it was melting and I was trying to hold it together, but first the frame kinda melted unto the table and then the screen was bending outwards and melting....it was very weird.

I dreamed that I was in Miami (where I really was 2 years ago). I went on a metro and after a little while some daredevils appeared in front of the train and started doing tricks etc, for adrenaline maybe. They seemed like professionals but I was really worried they would have an accident and get squashed by the train. I was somehow slightly leaning out of a window of the train and even hit one of the daredevils lightly, very close call. Truly scary stuff. Later on, I was walking around in Miami and saw a man rob someone with a gun. It was an anxious and unnerving dream and was still haunting me a bit after I woke up. Interestingly, I do find metros to be creepy places in real life.

Interesting one last night....I was an 18th Century actress who had been sentenced to death. I was going to be shot with a canon. Anyway, I managed to escape by just walking out of the building, but I had to spend years moving from town to town and changing appearance to avoid recapture.

What are you reading at the moment Brig? Once while I was reading One Corpse Too Many by Ellis Peters I dreamed that I was trying to get home from Hemswell to Gainsborough, on my bicycle, at night, under a full moon, while trying to escape someone in a black car who was chasing me. This happened after a particularly stormy afternoon during which I'd been reading the bit where Godith is trying to hide her boat, and Maud's treasure, from King Stephen's men and wishing that "the old king's son hadn't drowned ... and Stephen and Maud alike could have stayed in their own manors and left us alone!" My first thought on waking was that the dream was probably connected to what I'd just read and my mother, when I told her, observed that I'd "clearly taken the story very personally".

I'm not reading anything, strangely enough. I listened to Phantom of the Opera late last night, so it could be linked to that. I also watched a few episodes of Vic and Bob's House of Fools yesterday, that's enough to give anybody surreal dreams.

That's really cool, Brig. What a daring escape you made!

I dreamt that I was really late for a flight. As I was racing to the airport, my car set on fire. I woke up immediately and realized I had one too many blankets. :D

Back