Buckethead

Has the deluxe version of 5 13 10 31 not shipped yet?

Has the deluxe version of 5 13 10 31 not shipped yet?
No! ::)

I got the following email this morning though...
As we get ready to ship out Bucketheadland 5 13 10 31, here’s an mp4 of the DVD:

Happy Halloween from Bucketheadland

[...]
It linked to a 14 minute "music video" for 10 31 (the second track on the non-Pike Bucketheadland 5 13 10 31 album). It's awesome! :ok:

Strange set-up. This is a private link with the clip being run on Bandcamp. Never seen another artist do this before. This is also not an album I bought! I ordered the slunk pass, cancelled it; then they sent me the full album (digital) last year for nothing. Again, it was a private download & doesn't appear on my public Bandcamp page; which is strange.

Last edited:
Ok yea that’s probably why, I only purchased the standard vinyl.

a0334379098_16.jpg

When was the last time he put out a single that was unassociated with any album/Pike?

Really awesome track.

When was the last time he put out a single that was unassociated with any album/Pike?

Really awesome track.
He's not done it since the Pikes started. Maybe Jordan when it was made available in c2009?
EDIT: Sorry, The Rising Sun was 2011; that was the last time.

Btw, did you see the full video up on Bandcamp yet? Lots of cool stuff on there. Favourite bit in when that heavy riff comes in & you see the burning Buckethead effigy on top of the building, flames spouting from the hands & mouth. Awesome imagery.
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/bucketheadland-10-31

Last edited:
^ I'll say one other thing, the production/mix on Mirror In The Cellar is sounding almost first-ten Pikes quality. I hope this production makes a return with any future Pikes releases.

Yea I checked it out this morning. Very cool stuff. I really like the music too, although I prefer the other track. Also, between that album and Mirror In the Cellar, his guitar playing is a bit more interesting and clean lately. Going to catch up on Pikes soon.

I take it you read that Buckethead & Bootsy appeared together on two tracks with the band Asterism? I think Bootsy produced the album, their debut Ignition; they're a teen Metal instrumental three-piece from Japan. Technically they're pretty off the scale considering their age; guitarist is only 16, bassist is only a year older I think. I've only heard a few track previews. Buckethead is on tracks #1 BLAZE and #4 Warning. I'm pretty sure he "phoned it in"; no way he was in the studio with these guys.

http://asterism.asia/s/y02/artist/002/discography?ima=2936&coun=NG

I actually did not hear about that. Sounds awesome though. Those kids are talented!

It's happened before. On occasion an album can have songs that I'll listen to by themselves but together they just don't work and it turns into a boring mess.

I think it's very possible to not be particularly taken by, for example, quite a few Buckethead albums (lots of very similar tracks, for example); but hear individual tracks on shuffle & think maybe I should change my opinion of this whole album? Returning to said album you think maybe this album is better than I remember? But when you listen to the whole thing again it just doesn't work as an album.

For you. For me, the entire content must be taken into consideration, and that includes how well each song works together, how they fit within the puzzle, etc. A song can sound great outside of an album but boring on it.

As I said, stuff can come up on shuffle & I'm like this is decent, why have I only rated it 3*? Feels like a 4* track... So I often stop shuffle & go to the album & start listening to it from start to finish. And even though all of the tracks individually feel 4* the whole album plays like an album that I don't enjoy that much i.e. it doesn't feel like a 4* album. An album can just have too little variety sometimes, although the material itself is solid. I see no point in talking an album like this up when as an album it has this fault.

Back